New mail box

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't think your review was out of line, but you can take that for what it's worth... I appreciate straight shooting.

Nevertheless, it's obvious that unless you give a glowing review it won't meet their "website guidelines".

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Picture on the box is not what you end up with....
Unless your spot is 2-4” higher than the road. Mailbox is to be 41-45” higher than street. They cover 39” of post, leaving 2-6” uncovered. When I called, I was told to put 2-6” of rock to cover rest of 4x4. Really? When I explained that the picture is misleading, response was, “we’ve always done that.” So much for “American made”. Looks like 1970 Japanese junk.... Plus Lowe’s charges more than suggested retail price-my bad...

This is exact quote of review. Does this seem out of line?

Sounds reasonable to me.

My review;
I really wanted to purchase an American made mail box and was proud to do so. The problems started when a rhinoceros escaped from the local zoo and came down our street. He immediately began to rub against my new Step 2 mailbox! This was upsetting, fearing that he would knock it down, I ran outside and threw rocks, he took off. Upon checking my new American made maibox, I found that it withstood the abuse and suffered no damage.

The next day, my new mailbox was struck by a drunk driver. The car was totaled, the driver died, but my mailbox was unscathed. I don't know what these things are made of, but your mailbox just took a drunk driver off the street. Well done!

A neighbor's dog has a bad habit of using my mailbox as a pee post. This is annoying as the area smells and I step in it when I get my mail. Well let me tell you, my new Step 2 mailbox is awesome! I was watching out the window when here came the dog. He hiked his leg and began to urinate on my mailbox. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it. A spark emanated from the base, struck the dog, it caught on fire and was cooked in seconds! Hot dog! I ran to get a bun and mustard.

I commend your company on building a exceptional product and giving Americans a job. I recommend Step 2 mailboxes to all one of my friend.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds reasonable to me.

My review;
I really wanted to purchase an American made mail box and was proud to do so. The problems started when a rhinoceros escaped from the local zoo and came down our street. He immediately began to rub against my new Step 2 mailbox! This was upsetting, fearing that he would knock it down, I ran outside and threw rocks, he took off. Upon checking my new American made maibox, I found that it withstood the abuse and suffered no damage.

The next day, my new mailbox was struck by a drunk driver. The car was totaled, the driver died, but my mailbox was unscathed. I don't know what these things are made of, but your mailbox just took a drunk driver off the street. Well done!

A neighbor's dog has a bad habit of using my mailbox as a pee post. This is annoying as the area smells and I step in it when I get my mail. Well let me tell you, my new Step 2 mailbox is awesome! I was watching out the window when here came the dog. He hiked his leg and began to urinate on my mailbox. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it. A spark emanated from the base, struck the dog, it caught on fire and was cooked in seconds! Hot dog! I ran to get a bun and mustard.

I commend your company on building a exceptional product and giving Americans a job. I recommend Step 2 mailboxes to all one of my friend.
:lol:

Latest posts