New Member Here

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, Wow! ... and Welcome :D!

First off, my father grew up in Las Cruces ... but that's not so far up in elevation. I haven't visited northern New Mexico however I'm convinced that somewhere near your border with Colorado, there is a place just about like up here where I live :)!

The forests are almost identical. At 2,000+ feet, this isn't identical for things like sun intensity. We don't have your monsoons ... could sure use some summer rain this year :\. Okay, it's nothing like northern New Mexico ...! Still, I'd like to think so ;) and maybe we have lots to share.

Moderator? I thought all BYC moderators were TEG moderators. We need moderation ... you know, to control our flights of fantasy ... which might otherwise carry us about 1,000+ miles away.

:) Steve

TwoCrows

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

@digitS' Wow, Las Cruces!! I am not too far from there...we are up in the South Central Mountains! Love it up here! I sure hope we DO get a good monsoon season this year. We had a really nice one last year. But previous years the rains never came like they should. Only got half the snow fall this past winter too. So lots more rain is needed!!

As for the moderation, LOL, looks like you guys are all behaving yourselves nicely over here!! :)

@ninnymary Thanks so much! Can't wait to get to know you and everyone here on TEG!!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow@TwoCrows :welcome from Eastern IA where the Mississippi runs east to west! As someone mentioned, we love photos here. My son has Barred Rocks. The grandsons love to hold and pet them. I was amazed that they would!

TwoCrows

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
@baymule LOL...I guess elevation is relative. If I went to 600 feet right now I would feel like someone was jamming oxygen down into my lungs! Air is pretty thin up here. Hence I believe I lost my mind years ago. :th

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Used to live 75 miles north of Houston, TX. Talk about flat..... could be on the beach, Galveston Island, in a couple hours. Northeast Texas feels waaaaay up there!

MoonShadows

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hi Leyla,

Welcome! I'm a transplant from BYC too. Hope you like it here as much as I do already.

Jim

centex101

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm Ray from central texas. Just trying to figure out how things work on here. Wish me luck

Latest posts