TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi Annette, from Montana! I don't know if we could live farther apart from each other, but I'm excited to hear about all the plants in your garden and around your area! (And your birds too, if you're into those! An African birding trip is a dream of mine!!)

I was wondering what kind of things are swimming around in that water. I know Bull sharks. :hide

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow Annette :frow and :welcome
Most of us that post regularly live north of the equator. :)
We are excited to see if there are many difference between here and there.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, you are really far south, aren't you? Is that Table Mountain in the photo? Do you have four seasons there, or just warm and hot? Welcome.

Reaction score
Hi to everyone! :)
The climate here is very moderate because we are near the ocean. In summer the hottest it gets is about 34 degrees C and in winter it doesn't get colder than 14. We have a lot of wine farms here but also fruit like apples, pears, apricots, peaches, plums, strawberries, oranges. There are also wheat and canola farms.
I love planting pansies and petunias. I also have hydrangeas, roses (Iceberg), succulents, frangipani, agapanthus etc. I also have a pear tree, a guava tree an almond tree and a lemon tree.
SA has a lot of proteas which are found against hills and mountains in various shapes and sizes.
DSC00297.JPG

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi to everyone! :)
The climate here is very moderate because we are near the ocean. In summer the hottest it gets is about 34 degrees C and in winter it doesn't get colder than 14. We have a lot of wine farms here but also fruit like apples, pears, apricots, peaches, plums, strawberries, oranges. There are also wheat and canola farms.
I love planting pansies and petunias. I also have hydrangeas, roses (Iceberg), succulents, frangipani, agapanthus etc. I also have a pear tree, a guava tree an almond tree and a lemon tree.
SA has a lot of proteas which are found against hills and mountains in various shapes and sizes.
View attachment 1788
How did I miss this beautiful bloom? Is it a succulent?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome to TheEasyGarden, Annette Hansen. That is one beautiful blossom you have there. On TEG we L O V E photos. It sounds as if you have plenty of flowers for us to enjoy.

You are sure to like this group of fun, friendly, gardening fanatics.

Latest posts