Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow Welcome to the forum, glad you joined. :frow

We can certainly be enablers with that. Sounds like you've seen Russ's bean network thread. You can certainly follow and join in that thread or wait until Russ starts next years. Or you can go to these sites and see what might be available fro you next year. Russ (Called @Bluejay77 on here) will have to update the offerings for next year but you can get an idea of what might be available.

Russ Crow Site

http://www.abeancollectorswindow.com/

Russ’s Beans

http://www.abeancollectorswindow.com/network.html

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome! It is fun to grow for Russ. Plus being a great way to get some good varieties for yourself. We moved 2-19-15 and I have been battling sand for soil and rabbits that are mowing machines. A family of hawks nested on the fence line and have brought the rabbit numbers down a LOT! I have most of the garden rabbit proofed, maybe I’ll finish before spring planting and can join the fun again. Glad to have you here!

Margaret Sarracino

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I've been a vegetable gardener for 8 years living in New Mexico at an elevation of 7200'. Every year is a new learning experience for me. The temperatures and growing season in my area is much like the Indianapolis area with seasonal rains and snows from the mountains that are immediately west of my location. I have a small raised bed in my backyard where I can successfully isolate plants for seeds and also have a 20 x 20 plot that is part of a "community" garden where I discovered I have enough room to grow both corn and numerous winter squash plants. I've found that I so enjoy the taste and freshness of what I've grown as well as experiencing unusual varieties that are not offered even at our local farmers' market. This year I'm excited about what looks like success in growing in the backyard an unusual unidentified Chinese shelling bean as well as an unusual winter squash that I am guessing is a Cushaw for seeds. My father's families were multi-generational farmers and although over the years Dad talked about how his own father went about maintaining a vegetable garden, he did not have one himself. I've learned gardening from Dad's recollections as well as from the internet and am having a great time! I'm not sure what it is about gardening that is so consuming but I know I don't want to stop!

Latest posts