New member!!

micga7

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hey y’all! I’m in Texas, Texas panhandle area. I garden in zone 6B on a one acre plot. It’s a new home site, so fresh slate. Nothing but weeds and dirt to start. I’ve been at this site since 2016 so I’ve got a bit of a start

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Welcome from UK..

I've just lost all my greens to caterpillars. So I'm no one to advise on gardening :D

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey y’all! I’m in Texas, Texas panhandle area. I garden in zone 6B on a one acre plot. It’s a new home site, so fresh slate. Nothing but weeds and dirt to start. I’ve been at this site since 2016 so I’ve got a bit of a start

welcome to TEG from mid-Michigan. it helps to take time to observe your location, for sunlight, water and air flow patterns before making any big changes. it is also much easier to bring in materials before there are other things in the way. once hardscape things begin to happen then it adds more fun to the whole shebang. :)

weeds tell you something too about your soil conditions too. always fun to be had, but down there you also have to be careful about not getting too baked during the hot weather. up here we have that challenge too.

before and after pics are always appreciated and good for your own records too.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Welcome from Germany :D

I also have some corners still filled with weeds and high grass, no time to take care of them yet. But I always tell myself keeping some areas for shelter (also necessary for pollinators or even pradetors of insects we don't like), then I feel better :lol:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Germany :D

I also have some corners still filled with weeds and high grass, no time to take care of them yet. But I always tell myself keeping some areas for shelter (also necessary for pollinators or even pradetors of insects we don't like), then I feel better :lol:

insect refuges, insect hotels and bee hotels are very interesting things to have. i wish i had a lot more of them here. :)

Latest posts