New Project - NOT garden related.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
welllllllllll, I needed a new project like another hole in my head. New(ish) house with no gardens to speak of, a little vacation rental going on in our mother-in-law suite in our place, a 1956 Aloha camper trailer that's half renovated (but campable). DH has a vintage car restore going on with body work and painting...

And then I found my dream camper on Craigslist. Got it home the other day, needs tons of work. 1955 Aljoa Sportsman, 23' long with a bathroom WITH A SHOWER! Here's a few pics.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The bedroom is huge! It will fit a queen bed, woohoo! Right now our current camper has a 3/4 full size, and no bathroom! Of course we won't be using this one any day soon...
image.jpg

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh that is awesome Heather! Palatial! You two could live in that and rent your whole house out, never mind the MIL quarters!

So will you be keeping your little guy?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
That looks like a fun project. The kitchen shouldn't take too many materials since it's small. The bedroom just needs painting. Of course, everything seems easy to me since I'm not the one doing the work. :)

Mary

Camp West

Leafing Out
Reaction score
May I ask how your Aljoa trailer is coming along? Have you any other pictures? I am purchasing the same trailer, and was amazed to find this post!

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sooo... going to spend the weekend watching a marathon of 'Tiny House Nation' to get ideas for the inside??? :)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, I see this thread is a year old. How is the remodel going? Inquiring minds want to know.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
The "tiny houses" are beng promoted quite heavily in the POrtland, Ore. area.I have seen several of those "tiny houses" and wasn't impressed. There was a TV news report on them located at a "community of tiny houses" tauting how good they were. A week later on another TV interview with a police chief who said that there was a lot of drug use / sales and prostitution police reports in those "tiny houses". One has to have them moved from location to location by a commercial mover too . That makes them no more than a WAY OVERPRICED hype for crowded and cramped housing . A camper trailer / mobile home / coach are a MUCH better buy.

Latest posts