New Surprise Work In Progress! (New Photos Pg 2)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Lavender2 said:
Sooo... that would mean your house faces NE? ... or my compass has malfunctioned... again... :lol:

Rephrasing the question a bit ... does it get sun at least half of the day?

Beautiful Penstamon! ... and I love creeping jenny! ... funny how I want to strangle creeping charlie but Jenny can creep to her hearts content... :happy_flower
LOL! I have creepying charlie out in the back yard beyond the mini orchard we have in. It really doesn't bother me long as it stays WAY out there. Mowing keeps it in check. The Jenny however, its such a nice green-yellow the contrast looks good on the front of the house.

The front of the house faces North... that side is west facing. But its slightly tilted to the East... like North North-eastish!? I don't know... it gets a couple hours in the morning and several hours at the end of the day. Either way, it was on the west side of my mom's shed and was doing great (too great) so I went and dug it up and moved it here. It took really well. I was just bummed because I bought the vine for my apartment wall on the porch and it was supposed to be Jasmine... of course it wasn't... so it ended up in my mom's yard for the time being.

We've just been spending the morning watching the pouring rain flood my yard... but even my daughter wants to go out and 'dig'. "What we planting mom?! Onions?!" Everytime we plant a bulb she thinks its an onion... too funny!

I'm going to be so bored for the next few days :/

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh for real?! You've never seen or heard of them?!

I found these on clearance for $0.99 awhile back. They got happy healthy and HUGE! I just love the color... its more a deep pink/red then red. A lot of website show it for sale looking RED, its not! LOL

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
vfem said:
http://www.foglskitchen.com/images/till4.jpg

Great ideas, Lav! I am working on adding to the tiny strip that was there. I think the azalea and the hydrengea will be very happy to see add to them. As you can see, up against the house is gets very wet as we don't have gutters.... but I planted for wet conditions right there, and those plants are THRIVING so far.

Now, Heidi sent me some columbine, and I have been collecting my coneflower seeds, foxglove and blanket flower. I think those will make their way over there. I also have some penstemon red rocks on the side of the house that have gotten HUGE. I think I'm going to split them in the spring and move them up front to get some nice filler. The attract a ton of bees, but also seem to be a favorite of hummingbirds in my yard.

http://www.bluestoneperennials.com/images/items/350x350/Penstemon_Red_Rocks.jpg

This is the perfect time of year to expand everything! We did all our raised bed building, and dirt movement last fall and winter. It made for a very easy and low weeding spring and summer.

Its going to rain for the next few days starting this afternoon... so I'm going to go out and finish some touch up work on the bed, lay some mulch and finish putting in those bulbs if I can get this all done before 11 would be great.

Here are the tulips I am planting this year:

http://the-plant-directory.co.uk/images/tulip-claudia.jpg

All this and I am STILL sick from before Halloween! I just can't take being down and out. I did some cleaning the last few days, got some rest yesterday (I was relaxing and quilting most the day) and now I'm back... I need to be outside or I will lose my mind!!!
You have my wheelbarrow‼ It is by Rubbermaid and soooo cheap and it is build like a brick .... house and, and, and it is so light and maneuverable. :thumbsup

cwhit590

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
vfem, awesome project! Let us know how it turns out.

Your penstemon is beautiful. I'm very jealous!!! Penstemon has never overwintered well for me here in MI...must be too snowy and wet? Seems like there are only a few kinds that do ok up here....:/

BTW...love the colors of your house. I really like the black and white yall got goin on on the porch....:thumbsup

Latest posts