New to composting.... sort of

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah.....like THAT! :drool The only green thing I have in my garden right now is honeysuckle, strawberries and a few stray onions and garlic.

Beautiful, beautiful gardens, Major! :love

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes!!! But he did NOT mention anything about how wonderful life is below the 35th parallel.... :D

I don't mind when he brags, as I get to dream of having growth like that one day...the pics in the seed catalogs can only take you so far until you need to see it in real life.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes!!! But he did NOT mention anything about how wonderful life is below the 35th parallel.... :D

I don't mind when he brags, as I get to dream of having growth like that one day...the pics in the seed catalogs can only take you so far until you need to see it in real life.
now stokesdale being between the 35th and 36th parallel lines and being a southern mid Atlantic state... we are in the Goldilock zone....

speaking of catalogs finally got my 1st one...tomato grower supply company..

wonder how @thistlebloom is getting along with that shovel?:lol::lol:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
wonder how @thistlebloom is getting along with that shovel?:lol::lol:

Call me weird but I like shoveling snow. :confused: As long as it's not a full time job.
The snowblower is back in business now so my shoveling has gotten more recreational.

Major, I do appreciate the sympathy and sorrowful thoughts about being snowed on, but I like winter, and I like snow. And I know deep down in a place you will never admit to, you are insanely jealous.
It's okay. You just keep pretending. :hugs
:lol:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Call me weird but I like shoveling snow. :confused: As long as it's not a full time job.
The snowblower is back in business now so my shoveling has gotten more recreational.

Major, I do appreciate the sympathy and sorrowful thoughts about being snowed on, but I like winter, and I like snow. And I know deep down in a place you will never admit to, you are insanely jealous.

just a wee bit....

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Winter certainly has its uses, primarily to help us appreciate the rest of the year. And it's good to kill off the mosquitoes and certain other pests.

Snow is fine too, as long as it's gone before it gets packed down into ice. That makes for dangerous driving conditions. Snow is really pretty until it gets dirty and all tracked up. Then it loses some of its beauty.

Seriously, I've lived where the ground freezes in November and thaws in March with snow covering the ground all winter. If you get used to it instead of hiding indoors all the time, dress for it, and learn to drive in it, it's not bad. But I have to admit winter is my least favorite season.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score

:lol: I love snow too and I don't mind shoveling....there's a certain peace to it, like raking sand in one of those little desk top gardens. The sound of it all is very satisfying...sort of like using the log splitter, I like that too.

We haven't gotten a good snow here yet but I keep hoping for one! :love

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
we wont see snow/ice for another month or so, and then it does snow it's the heavy wet stuff..yuck

Latest posts