New Top Bar Bee Hive - No Bees - Waxed

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Built new in April of this year. Never had bees. Roof is painted and sealed, legs are painted and sealed, the exterior has been finished in bees wax and orange oil. Interior unfinished, untreated birch wood. 3 available entrance holes, includes cork to control the entrances.

This is currently pick up only as its rather large. All screws and bolt assembly for a long lasting hive.

14084_hive5.jpg

14084_hive3.jpg

14084_hive4.jpg

We really hoped to get bees this year and expand our sustainable life, but the economy has made our dreams go on hold! :(

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, that's a bummer. Sorry to hear it! As handy as your hubby is, I'm sure he could whip up another one pretty quick when the timing is better for you guys. You might try listing this over on www.beesource.com under their For Sale forum. There's a lot of top bar beeks over there too.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks sweety! I just listed it over there under my husband's user name. He already had an account set up asking questions before we started. Sad to see it go and that we have to wait, but life it what it is.

Our mower died, our weed whacker died, had to buy a new car because the truck is about to die.... living pay check to pay check but we're both working nearly 80 hours a week combined and we're exhausted and broke. That's with me working a part time job, full time mom and my business. I rather just wait on projects and stuff a little money away just in case. Better safe then sorry you know?! :)

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know what you mean. It's been hard with cost of living increasing so drastically over the past few years. It's hard for a young family to get ahead. We really wish we could put back some money into a rainy day fund, like they say 3-6 months pay untouched in savings. Much less an emergency fund for when things blow up, as they inevitably do. I just gotta count my blessings and try to be as frugal as possible. I hope things will smooth out for you guys soon! All your hard work ought to count for something. I hope you get a good price for your hive. You can tell from the pics that it's certainly well made! :weight

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well, so glad it sold quickly! :D

Latest posts