Newbie with a question!

latebloomer

Sprout
Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to this forum....came from BackYardChickens. Figured I needed some expertise with my garden!!! Will be watching the forums faithfully!!

I have a question- Where do you buy the baskets for fruits and vegetables that you see at the farmers markets?

Thanks in advance for your replies!:tools

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I do not have an answer to your question... I just buy old discounted baskets for fun at Micheal's and the walmart and such places... :thumbsup

But I wanted to say

:welcome

You will love it here... it's really starting to pick up over here this spring. ;)

:rainbow-sun :rainbow-sun :rainbow-sun :rainbow-sun :rainbow-sun:rainbow-sun :rainbow-sun :rainbow-sun :rainbow-sun

GrowinVeggiesInSC

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:welcome from SC.

I was going to say the same thing as Vfem... but I was intruiged so I did a search. Is this the style you're looking for? I'm not sure where one could buy them cheaper. I hope someone else knows!

When you get a chance, post some pictures of you garden! :clap

canadian

Sprout
Reaction score
If you go to the markets where you see them, ask the farmers! I used to work at one and we sold lots. Often they'll have a couple empties nearer to the end of the day. They may sell them to you if they have a good supply...Check with those who have an orchard. At the very least they'll tell you where they get them. Good Luck!

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi latebloomer! :frow :frow :frow

WELCOME TO TEG !! :rainbow-sun It is a great place for information & everyone is very friendly & helpful. :celebrate

I can't really help you about the baskets because I live in the UK ! :ya :ya :ya But everyone here will try to help. :D

Have a great weekend & enjoy your garden ! :coolsun :tools :happy_flower

:rose Hattie :rose

Sylvie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
My Dh bought a lot of them from the local feed mill. They also told him that they could order any size baskets for him.

latebloomer

Sprout
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your replies!!! I can see it is going to be as much fun here as it is on BackYard Chickens!!!:thumbsup

Purple Strawberry

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I only have 3 4x8 raised beds and already want baskets to give veggies away. Like I am every going to have any extra. What am I thinking?

Happy Gardening!

:rainbow-sun

jamespm_98

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Don't know if you have them in your area but our local Tractor Supply store carries them.

Latest posts