Next time I'll be more careful...

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yesterday while putting up a bunch of salsa and hot sauce I got a small blob of Habanero sauce in my eye while filling the last jar of the day.

After doing a lot of tasting during the seasoning of three batches it really wasn't as bad as it sounds, but it did sting for a while. The funny thing is that the tears were appropriate as we were watching the Green Bay Packers have a bad game.

Next time I'll b e more careful and wear saftey goggles! :hit

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Owwweee! I've done that before with cayenne and hot banana peppers, touching something that got the juice on it, then rubbing my eye. Thought my contacts were gonna melt! Not much you can do, but cry it out! LOL Also, I learned to take the seeds/core out of the sink before rinsing the sink because something happens when you spray them with water and fumes come up and burn your eyes AND lungs. Gloves and safety googles are definitely a good idea.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had a friend do that, only he didn't touch his eye... he went to the bathroom and touched something else! He was hysterical! Wearing surgical gloves when cutting up hot peppers is never a bad idea (and safety glasses couldn't hurt!) Be careful...

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
just the sound of it hurts, :somad ouch. Maybe safety equipment is a good idea when handling hot peppers. Lesa, I am for sure keeping that in mind if I handle hot peppers; YIKES :ep

Latest posts