No More Grass To Cut!

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Over the past two months I have been removing the lawn and replacing it with.
frontyardaug09.jpg

Almost all plants were from cuttings and seed. I rescue the nearly dead plants from Walmart ( They sure can kill'em ) for cheap.
Here is a view from the side.
100_6830.jpg

100_6852-1.jpg

:cool: injunjoe

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
that is absolutely wonderful! ..I am all about no grass (well I keep a couple of places grassy for bocci ball and sitting (but if I came up with a better cover for bocci ball then grass I would go for it in a minute!) !!! it is way too much work!!!!

good for you!

Hi

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow :frow :frow

I'm with you guys -- my front lawn is the next to go I just have a small patch for the chickens in the back garden but it's not really a lawn as such but a mixture of all sorts of wild greens that are good for them. I let the wild grasses grow for them in the woodland garden too. I try to encourage our native species as much as possible but I'm not fanatical about it. This year I have had a garden full of bees & butterflies so I must be doing something right........!! :lol:

It makes up for the devastating blight on my tomatoes this year -- I have never had it before but I've learnt a lot from you all. Thank you! :happy_flower

:rose Hattie :rose

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
HiDelight said:
that looks wonderful!

everything is filling in so nicely! is that a bamboo in the front right I can not tell?
Yes it is Bamboo, I have 4 of them spread across the front. They are in paint buckets to contain them.

I topped them when I planted them and now has three shoots at every leaf node.

chills

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
i love the one tall bamboo guy .. i dont think you usually see just one guy standing alone .. i like him .. i cant wait to see the morning glory tent fill in ... i love morning glories!

Latest posts