North Korea

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Not really....

Hubby says we should blow them up and move on, unfortunately that would leave south korea floating aimlessly in the pacific... and we like them! lol Sorry, total joke. :D

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
honestly, no. but i'm thinking we shouldn't be provoking them being anywhere near them. the US is not the world police and shouldn't be involved in a lot of what it has been doing. but then again 'big brother' is always watching just about everything! :rolleyes:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nope, but then we live supposedly out of their missile range! :lol: Yeah, another tasteless joke. Hey, maybe this is what all the hard core preppers have been waiting for!! (another tastless joke, sorry, I can't help myself) I agree with your hubby Vfem, blow them up, South Korea would look nice as an island.......

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Does anybody know what they want?

It just hurts me so to think about all those people who have never had enough good food to eat, who are treated much worse than we treat even our unwanted animals, who are punished for not idolizing their "surpreme leader," and who think the US citizens are evil. As a nation, we probably throw away enough food daily to feed the whole of North Korea. There is something dreadfully wrong with this picture.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
North Korea actually has the climate and soil to more than grow enough food to feed itself. It is only the maniacs in their government that keep them poor and hungry. They're easier to control that way.

BurgerBoy

Sprout
Reaction score
No. Not worried. If they tried to do anything it would probably take about a week for the US Air Force to turn the whole country into rubble.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
They do not even realize that Americans barely think about them.I am not worried that they can touch us. But a war based on 60 year old ideology. Our soldiers will suffer if they attack SK. If they find a way to get to us we will level them . Families live there who want the same as we do. Isolation as warped their view of us.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm worried that they may attack SK. Kim has painted himself into a corner, with really no peaceful way out. That would ignite a shooting war. I have no doubt the US could crush NK. However, the Chinese are NK's strongest allies. They (the Chinese) also have a proven history of defending their borders. If a shooting war does develope, some serious diplomatic discussion with China would need to occure. Poor diplomacy could easily lead to a third world war. And China's missles can reach the US.

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
After the attack on Pearl Harbor Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto is quoted as having said,

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."
Whether a true quote or not, what does worry me is that the United States is not the feared giant that it was on December 7, 1941. Gone are the steel mills and manufacturing infrastructure that Yamamoto had seen while attending Harvard University and later as a naval attach in Washington, D.C. Gone are the family run farms, and the self-sufficiency that Americans were so proud of in the first half of the 20th century. Gone is the requirement that every citizen be willing to defend his nation.

Gone is the strong American dollar and the faith in our God and Country. Gone are the days when we were all Americans, not Hispanic-Americans or African-Americans, but just plain and simple Americans who were willing to do whatever it took to remain free. Gone are the days when we were safe because we could take care of ourselves and woe be unto those who would try to take our freedoms from us with the promise of safety.

Gone are the days when it was difficult to become an American. Yes, you could come to this country, work, and go back to where you came from, but there was more involved than just swimming a river to truly become an American, and if you violated our laws you would be sent back to where you came from. Gone are the days of full employment, and when getting a diploma from high school was a real and worthwhile goal that guaranteed you a good job.

Gone are the days when we were "one Nation, indivisible". That is the "sleeping giant" that Admiral Yamamoto feared, and it is, sadly no more. Most of our durable goods are today made in foreign lands. Likewise, much of our food supply and oil comes from elsewhere. That which doesn't is primarily in the hands of large corporations. Gone are the days when, throughout the land every school day began with a prayer and reciting the Pledge of Allegiance, both having been sacrificed on the alter of political correctness.

The sleeping giant is not dead, but unless we make major changes quickly I fear he is irrevocably comatose.

Author's Note: I will now wait one hour and reread this before clicking "Submit". That in itself is a sad commentary on what the United States of America has become; That I should have to decide whether stating these thoughts publicly is a good idea. :hide

Submitted with minor rewording.

Latest posts