Now what?

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
For grins and giggles, Mom planted a Hot Lemon Pepper this summer. Now we've got some tiny (2-3 inches & 1/2 inch dia), sorta citrusy peppers and not a clue what to do with them. Opinions vary on just how hot they are. The one I nibbled was pretty mild (I thought) but everyone else thinks their mouths are on fire.
6476_garden_012.jpg

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
no one is answering this post? :hit

I think it is a lovely bush. It is well fruited. I doubt they are hot!

You have enough there to get creative. Do a relish! Do some pickled like Pepperoncini's. Definitely slice some for sandwiches and salads. Chop some up and chop some onions and add to hamburger meat! Yumm! I bet these would compliment any Italian dish, and could even support the main part!

Stuffed Peppers with Bacon Wraps

You could slice them fresh down one side length wise, flex slightly and take out the seeds and seedpulp. Then set aside. Do this to about 10 of them. Rinse them all out. Then take a favorite sausage; italian, breakfast, hot or mild, and pan fry to crumble. Once browned, drain, add 1/2 cup of grated cheese (your choice..I like longhorn/Colby), and hand mix this into the meat (let the meat cool of course)...then take your hand and hand pack each pepper. Force it in to fit tightly, squeeze the slice closed as close as you can. Once all of them are packed with cooked sausage/cheese, then wrap each with a fresh slice of uncooked bacon (try the apple smoked! ummm). Hold down with toothpick insertion.

Now you can either broil these under the broiler, I do the topside until bacon looks crispy, then turn to do the other side. About 6 minutes each..a bit longer depending...keep your eye on it and not too close to the elements!

Or you can throw them on the grill. Watch-out because the bacon will flash and it will cook really fast out there! Got to work them if they are on the grill....but they come out awesome.

I like the Broiler because the bacon grease gets infused with flavor of the sausage, cheese, and chili!!! I use this later on special egg plates!

Just Enjoy, and I bet everyone hopes to get the Hot one!! :somad

I usually do extra and freeze them with the wrapped bacon uncooked, then I thaw them for last minute extras to any meal!!!!... You could freeze a huge baggie full and have them for guests or kids, or just for fun movie nights! Make them want them ! LOL (I know I am evil) LOL

Ron

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
YUM!!
Tomorrow is supposed to be really cold, so I'll give this a try.

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Greensage45 said:
no one is answering this post? :hit

I think it is a lovely bush. It is well fruited. I doubt they are hot!

You have enough there to get creative. Do a relish! Do some pickled like Pepperoncini's. Definitely slice some for sandwiches and salads. Chop some up and chop some onions and add to hamburger meat! Yumm! I bet these would compliment any Italian dish, and could even support the main part!

Stuffed Peppers with Bacon Wraps

You could slice them fresh down one side length wise, flex slightly and take out the seeds and seedpulp. Then set aside. Do this to about 10 of them. Rinse them all out. Then take a favorite sausage; italian, breakfast, hot or mild, and pan fry to crumble. Once browned, drain, add 1/2 cup of grated cheese (your choice..I like longhorn/Colby), and hand mix this into the meat (let the meat cool of course)...then take your hand and hand pack each pepper. Force it in to fit tightly, squeeze the slice closed as close as you can. Once all of them are packed with cooked sausage/cheese, then wrap each with a fresh slice of uncooked bacon (try the apple smoked! ummm). Hold down with toothpick insertion.

Now you can either broil these under the broiler, I do the topside until bacon looks crispy, then turn to do the other side. About 6 minutes each..a bit longer depending...keep your eye on it and not too close to the elements!

Or you can throw them on the grill. Watch-out because the bacon will flash and it will cook really fast out there! Got to work them if they are on the grill....but they come out awesome.

I like the Broiler because the bacon grease gets infused with flavor of the sausage, cheese, and chili!!! I use this later on special egg plates!

Just Enjoy, and I bet everyone hopes to get the Hot one!! :somad

I usually do extra and freeze them with the wrapped bacon uncooked, then I thaw them for last minute extras to any meal!!!!... You could freeze a huge baggie full and have them for guests or kids, or just for fun movie nights! Make them want them ! LOL (I know I am evil) LOL

Ron
OMG this sounds DELICIOUS!!! I will make some with my pablanos and let ya know how they turn out :drool

Latest posts