Now Where Did I Put That Energy and Enthusiasm?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I am lying in bed at night, I think of all these projects I want to do in the morning. I have all this time during the inclement weather, I could be crocheting myself a new cap, or making aprons to sell, or cleaning the house (ugg!) or starting some pepper seeds, or baking bread, etc. But once I have the time, I find the enthusiasm is gone. Kaput. Kinda like seeing so many things in the stores that I really want/need, but now that I have been given Christmas money to spend on me, I can't think of anything I really want/need anymore.
I guess it is some kind of reverse psychology, sour grapes thing. Once I have the means, I don't want the end result. How fickle! :barnie

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
so lucky, I am just like you on the Christmas money. I've gone shopping with friends twice and came home empty handed. Of course, they found stuff right away. I think the journey is always better than the destination.

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think it's the winter doldrums So Lucky, once the weather gets more promising your energy level will rise. Hey, save that money for a new plant you always wanted to try, or an ornamental in a pretty container. That's always a smile maker for me.:)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
How about the circumstances around you, So Lucky?

Don't you find your weather a little overwhelming?! ("Underwhelming" might have the same effect but nobody in Missouri is experiencing that today unless they are visiting from Minnesota.)

I am trying to decide if I can risk any more coffee . . . And, all I was doing was looking around the country at the weather! The sun has risen on another cold, crisp day here. The only way I'd know it was still early January is by the fact the sun didn't show up in that blue sky until after 8am.

What I could do would be to go watch the Weather Channel. That would really push up my enthusiasm - to get away from the teevee! I have little doubt that they would try to hype what amounts to an historical event to where I'd be :tongue.

I guess that might be okay . . . then, I could take a nap during Kathy Lee & Hoda.

No, I thought I'd look around to see if there were quotes online to lift your enthusiasm. So of course, I turned to Phylis Diller. You know, the lady who said she hated housework so much that she was known to bury her ironing in the backyard . . .

Steve

it's okay

to hate me, as long as it is only a passing emotion

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I feel that way Lucky, I set a small goal and start it. I hate emptying and loading the dishwasher. It takes just a few minutes. So I figure I will just put away the cooking utensils that I find so annoying, or just the glasses. Once I start I usually keep on going. If not, I forgive myself and get back to it later. It's the first hurdle that I need to get over.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
fSo Lucky that is so me! Here I am back at the computer when I have LOTS of things to work on. Even though the sun is shining it is only about -17 today. The vehicles will not start. I am feeling a lot like that van in my driveway! I was given mostly gift cards for Christmas. I spent the ones for the local jeweler on Pandora beads. But am having trouble spending the Kohl's cards! When I shopped for everyone else I saw lots of things I thought I wanted or needed. With time to think and money to burn I really do not need more fat clothes, or purses or doodads. (I am thinking cash might have been better 'cause Kohl's doesn't have a garden department!)
Steve, I adore Phyllis Diller (and Red Skelton) thanks for the fun day brightener.
So here I go, off to work on the banner for Church, the quilt I started a year ago or to finish the wash and make dinner. ;)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks, digitS' for the cheer. I love Phyllis Diller, too. And I could watch Carol Burnett all day long. Those "old school" funny ladies are hard to beat. And the kids can watch, too.

Carol, I got a gift card to Kohls, too. I was going to get some more of my favorite cologne, Anais Anais. It's one of the only local places that carry it. But I spritzed some from the sampler thing last time I was there, and it didn't smell right. I know there are subtle differences between perfume, eau de toilette, and cologne, but the fragrance should still be identifiable! Maybe they are selling black market scents, now..??

Anyway, I did make kraut yesterday, and got my DH to help on a jigsaw puzzle today.
And, it takes me quite a while to get bundled up to go tend the chickens, so, hey, that's exercise, too! :D Trying to put all those layers on!
I ran out of Sam-E last week, so maybe that's an excuse for the doldrums. And yes, the weather is a lot of it, I think.

edited for spelling

Last edited:

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ugh, the winter funk hit me full force today! Don't know if it's work, the ridiculous cold, or the fact that I've just hit my least favorite part of the year - that stretch between Christmas and spring time - but MAN have I felt evil today! I'm giving myself this evening to wallow in my grouchitude, and then I'm determined to wake up with a better attitude tomorrow. Because really, what do I have to complain about?? (Just wish it was easier to convince myself of that!)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ugh, the winter funk hit me full force today! Don't know if it's work, the ridiculous cold, or the fact that I've just hit my least favorite part of the year - that stretch between Christmas and spring time - but MAN have I felt evil today! I'm giving myself this evening to wallow in my grouchitude, and then I'm determined to wake up with a better attitude tomorrow. Because really, what do I have to complain about?? (Just wish it was easier to convince myself of that!)
I hear you, Kate! I think part of it right now is the weather. We were all hyped up and braced for the cold snap, and now that it's here and nearly over, it's pretty anti-climactic. :hu
Treat yourself nice this evening; you deserve it.

Latest posts