Now you are sending us your rotten weather !!!!!!!

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:barnie

HAIL, THUNDER, LIGHTNING, HIGH WINDS -- WOW!!! :ep You can stop right now!! ;)

Today started out sunny but this afternoon was just plain NASTY!!

My new chicks were having their first day outside in their day-run --their first look at the great world. Mama "Julia" had them all under, her trying to protect them from the rain when I got to them at the first sight of rain. I scooped them up & got them back into the hutch before the hail etc happened & I then ran indoors & left all my precious plants to fend for themselves along with the adult chickens.

When I shut them up tonight it was too dark to see any damage. The hail was heavy but didn't last too long! So :fl the plants will be OK. I will be up early to see..............!!

:rose Hattie :rose

COgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh Hattie I hope everything will be ok :fl :fl
I promise I didn't send any hail your way just good warm dry calm sunny thoughts coming your way :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun
Thank goodness you got to the little ones in time

Reaction score
I feel ya! We have had like 8 inches of rain this month! Last night we put cow panels up in the garden for the 18 tomatoe plants to grow into and I prayed during the storm I wouldnt wake to find everything ruined! My dear husband is a wonderful help! I need to learn not to question his antics!

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I hope there isn't much damage, Hattie, but plants are resilient, they'll bounce right back! Let us know how it went.

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi :frow

PHEW !! Relief.........!! ONLY squashed & pulped spinach seedlings & ripped & pitted tomato leaves -- luckily only the lower ones & one broken stem of my precious Japanese Black Trifilli Tomato ( Thank goodness I have more).

Some of my smaller (soft petalled old roses have turned to brown mush but luckily they had only just begun to bloom so with luck the tight buds will be OK! :bow :fl

The chicks & Mama Julia were fine & as we have had a sunny day they have braved the great outdoors once again. :coolsun

However,the weeds seem to have SHOT UP --- EEeeeeeeeK........ :ep .....It's NASTY out there in the JUNGLE !! SERIOUS HARD WORK! :barnie :barnie :barnie AGAIN !!

Thank you for your kind thoughts! It means a lot to me! :hugs

Hope all of you are OK? :coolsun :bow

:rose Hattie :rose

COgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hattie, Glad the damage wasn't too bad and you think all will recover :ya :clap

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
hang in there Hattie it does sound like you had the same weather as they are having in Colorado! I am afraid to speak as ours has been passive for a while and after the horrid winter we had I am so grateful

the work is the hard part ..just when you think you are on top of things ..mother nature reminds us ..we have no control

and in part that is what makes our "good" years so good!

glad you were spared much damage

take care!

Latest posts