Numbers and nyum-yums for whom?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
There was a surprise package at my Post Office yesterday when I collected my usual assortment of bills, advertisements and requests for donations.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, whoever you are!

Since the package came from no one I knew (aka would have helped here) I wasn't sure the box was indeed for me. I ran out to the garden shed to check with Bell - one of the many cats I don't have. She assured me that nothing in the box could have been intended for her.

Then I traipsed back inside the house to prepare for my next encounter. Food. Check. Water. Check. Treats. Check. Yup, finally I was ready to be accosted by two other cats I don't have. Both Sunset and Thumbs tried to escape through the workshop door as I entered. One good whiff of the Can-O-Liver Pate snack quickly changed their minds from freedom to food and they did an about face into the shed.

Once the Pate was devoured and they had both settled down to serious eating, I questioned them about the package I'd received. While neither one paid one bit of attention, I determined that what was in the box was of no interest to them. Since it's been some months since I've seen Ed's cat -- a cat that neither Ed or I have -- I decided not to wait to ask him and put the box on my kitchen table.

The cats being out of the picture, I supposed the dandelion flower tea, the dandelion and spearmint jelly and the two jars of lemon fig jelly, meant for some other lucky family (with the same name?), were destined to grace my table. They look so yummy and my Gypsy was eager to try the tea with me, but Dad arrived and she had to leave so I promised her tea, homemade bread, and lemon fig jelly for today's after-school snack.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm suspecting the gift was actually a ploy to avoid having to carry them on the Great Northern Migration, but I really do appreciate the gift and the feelings of friendship that came with the preserves.

So until I find out who sent the treats, I'll say thanks to Jane Doe, Ms Jones and a mixed-breed equine named Bay.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
hehehehehe - those suprise packages are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sHa_face[1].gif

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a lovely gift. And the perfect time of year to enjoy it too. A cup of hot tea sounds like just the thing at the moment. :)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
LOVE your emoticons @canesisters. That smiley face is so neat.

@ninnymary, you say you got a package a couple of weeks ago? That sure goes to show that I'm living out in the sticks. It takes a couple of weeks extra to get out back to here. Have you tried anything yet? It wouldn't be like anything from @Nyboy that might make me ill would it? (teasing emoticon here, dear Nyboy)

I had better get the bread maker running so there's something that goes well with tea and jelly by 4:00 pm when the grands get off the bus. I usually use the machine to do the mixing and rising, then take it out for its final raise and baking in my oven.

** I wrote this earlier this morning and just noticed I never posted it.