Numbers and nyum-yums for whom?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
T
Well @Smart Red there is a hint in the gifts them selves, Think *Dandelion!*
There is a large hint in my first post, @Carol Dee. If thinking Ms Jones isn't sufficient, then consider the mixed-breed equine called Bay. Of course, there is also the belated whistler on site.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
LOVE your emoticons @canesisters. That smiley face is so neat.

@ninnymary, you say you got a package a couple of weeks ago? That sure goes to show that I'm living out in the sticks. It takes a couple of weeks extra to get out back to here. Have you tried anything yet? It wouldn't be like anything from @Nyboy that might make me ill would it? (teasing emoticon here, dear Nyboy)

I had better get the bread maker running so there's something that goes well with tea and jelly by 4:00 pm when the grands get off the bus. I usually use the machine to do the mixing and rising, then take it out for its final raise and baking in my oven.

** I wrote this earlier this morning and just noticed I never posted it.
Of course I tried everything the minute I opened the package!

Mary

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
T

There is a large hint in my first post, @Carol Dee. If thinking Ms Jones isn't sufficient, then consider the mixed-breed equine called Bay. Of course, there is also the belated whistler on site.
Raising hand so that teacher points at me so that I can speak ... er ... um teacher.... um... What was I going to say... er... Bay is a brown body hair color with black mane and tail with black hair color on the legs of the horse. A mule is not a mixed breed of horse... ummm ... . a mule is the result of a male donkey crossed onto a horse mare .... each with different number of chromosomes so the mule is a mix of different equine species and is sterile . It also has a loud bray and very stubborn and has a mind of it's own, and ... Oh, I got off topic, ah... what were we talking about ? The Elderberry wine made me loose my line of thought ... and of some whistling sound in my ears ... and speaking of bread, when do we eat lunch ? :idunno

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Raising hand so that teacher points at me so that I can speak ... er ... um teacher.... um... What was I going to say... er... Bay is a brown body hair color with black mane and tail with black hair color on the legs of the horse. A mule is not a mixed breed of horse... ummm ... . a mule is the result of a male donkey crossed onto a horse mare .... each with different number of chromosomes so the mule is a mix of different equine species and is sterile . It also has a loud bray and very stubborn and has a mind of it's own, and ... Oh, I got off topic, ah... what were we talking about ? The Elderberry wine made me loose my line of thought ... and of some whistling sound in my ears ... and speaking of bread, when do we eat lunch ? :idunno
:yuckyuck

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@bobm, yes, yes, yes and yes. Yes a bay is a brown colored horse with black tail, mane, and legs. Yes, a mule is NOT a mixed breed of horse. Yes, mules are loud and stubborn and wrong-headed at times. Yes, someone around here is whistling innocently and perhaps thinking of losing a train-of-thought and arm pain in Elderberry wine.

Bobm, no, no, no and no. No, not exclusively. It is possible to name a pet Bay regardless of its coloring. No, I didn't say mixed breed of horse, but of equine. Donkeys, horses, mules, even zebra are members of this four-legged group. No, not just mules, but some members here. . . I mean some people are LOUD, stubborn and wrong-headed at times. It is not just the mule that holds those characteristics around here. And finally, NO! If you're not gonna share that Elderberry wine with the rest of us ya can't be talking about it and stirring up that green demon -- jealousy.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ya know Red when one discovers that the Elderberry wine completely evaporated over my palate I lost my senses and forgot to offer any to you . Since there was only a sparce harvest of Elderberries up on the Gorge, I was able to purchase only 11 ounces of watered down syrup for a King's ransom, then further water it down with Popov Vodka. Then the volume seriously decreased in taste testing at a get together, which left me with fumes to savor as I had to consume it as medicinal purposes for a sore throat that left me quite tipsy. Bad manners on my part. :he I am now heading for a corner with my head hanging down in shame to do my penance.:hit. Oh... GASP ! you aren't insinuating that anyone here is LOUD, stubborn and wrong headed at times and quietly whistles a tune while shuffling a toe in the dust wearing a blue sun bonnet and looking all innocent and all that on this friendly garden forum ? :eek:

Last edited: