NY Botanical Garden Chihuly

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
No @Nyboy no stick needed, just a long arm. But a selfie is impossible with my flip phone or any camera I own as you can't see yourself to see if your even in the frame. No problem, I don't like photos of me EVER!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad the night was perfect and you had at least one friend to enjoy it with. That is an amazing experience, the likes of which few people get. Those no shows should definitely pay for those tickets. Next time, I would collect the money in advance, haha.

Mary

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Years ago. Since I don't drive, that's a family trip, and those are hard to schedule now.

But I remember a lot of things about it from the last time. The giant Japanese Raisin Tree the enormous trifoliate orange by the gift shop, and of course, the conservatory.

Actually, the gift shop was where I bought my first tropical seeds as a kid. There was a company called the Rainforest Seed Company that used to stock a rack there*. Until then, I did not know it was POSSIBLE to get tropical seeds. The joy if discovering you could was only slightly offset by the later discovery that a lot of them were mislabeled (or in many cases, the offering was genus specific only and what species you would get varied from pack to pack).

*If I recall they did a promo once with Cheerios supplying seed to people who sent in a card from the box, to commemorate the release of Disney's Jungle 2 Jungle.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dont need you drive they have their only train stop. We have such a great place people travel from all over the country to see, and we don't visit.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think you two should schedule a trip together. Pulse is there a train or bus you could take to meet Nyboy there? I bet you two would have lots of fun.

Mary

Latest posts