NY state saying helloooo!!

Yulan

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hey everyone I am excited a place to talk plant yipppie! :D I live in upstate ny zone 5a as my name I love yulans! I also have two vegan daughters so I grow anything I can to feed them! I am sure I will spend lots of time on here!!

Yulan

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I consider myself to be on the intelligent side :fl most of what I know was self taught, I don't mind trial and error if the outcome is learning. After looking around on the forums a bit I realize how much more there is for me to learn from all of you. :old. Makes me just that much more excited!!!

Yulan

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi Yulan. What is a yulan? And what do you do with it?
A yulan is a magnolia tree, native to china. It flowers early spring beautiful fragrant flowers they show before any leaves which comes later after the flowers blanket the ground.
I planted my first on 18 years ago and that started my love of growing!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
A yulan is a magnolia tree, native to china. It flowers early spring beautiful fragrant flowers they show before any leaves which comes later after the flowers blanket the ground.
I planted my first on 18 years ago and that started my love of growing!
Hi Yulan :frow ! I imagine the blossoms of that magnolia to be especially welcome this spring.

I searched for "Yulan" and "New York," yesterday. There is an actual community with that name! Now, we know something about a magnolia :).

Welcome to TEG!

Steve

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
magnolias are beautiful in the spring. we don't see them much in my area but when i think of them i think of the one outside the bank i worked at years ago. in early spring when it was flowering i'd walk by it when leaving each night and it was wonderfully fragrant.

how easy are they to grow from seeds or cuttings?

Yulan

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I've never grown one from a cutting but I am told from cuttings I've given away they root and grow I think grafting if you have the know how would be the easiest way or get a started tree :D the seeds take patience... The take forever to sprout but then grow about a foot a year! On the seed train on here I've offered up a couple yulan seeds. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts