Official Poll: Which benefits wild animals/insects bring to your garden, do you like the most?

Which benefits wild animals/insects bring to your garden, do you like the most?

• Their manure as FREE fertilizer

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Natural pest control

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Pollination of plants

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • Others (Please Specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Support

Deeply Rooted
Administrator
Reaction score
As gardeners, we are all aware of beneficial animals and insects that are responsible for maintaining that delicate balance between good and bad organisms that affect the garden. But, what benefits that these animals/insects do that you like the most?

Please take a minute to complete this poll and tell us which benefits wild animals/insects bring to your garden, do you like the most?. After voting, you can reply to this thread and expand on your reason.

If your answer isn't listed, you can vote for "Others" and reply to this thread with your answers.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
the bees and bumblebees have finally found the garden they are just loving the cucumber,pepper and watermelon blooms...

one thing that i do hate this season are the noseeums and the biting flies they are horrible, almost can not go outside without spraying yourself with off.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Greetings, There are several the Garder and Gopher snakes also the lizards help by eating grasshoppers and such.
Lady bugs and bees. There is also a Wasp or wasp like creature that is black with a bit of red. I'm not sure of the name, seems like they're after Hornworms and the sort.

Richard

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Hi, Not sure how well you can see this. Hornworm hanging, has been injected with larva. I left it on the plant so they can hatch out. Hard to see, I know, darn things are the same color as the tomato plant.
You can click on the picture, there is an arrow pointing to the Hornworm.

Richard

Attachments

• Hornworm 2.JPG
    Hornworm 2.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 319

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
They're here!! Yay!! We moved in February, 160 miles from where we used to live. In my old garden, were orange and black assassin bugs. They love aphids. I like my assassin bugs so much, that I captured some on several occasions and brought them to our new home.

I am now seeing young assassin bugs in the garden! So excited!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@valley ranch it took me awhile to figure out what they were and that they were beneficial. I am so excited that they overwintered and are stalking aphids in the garden. They love to hang out in the Asian long beans. Before the assassin bugs showed up the beans would be gray with aphids.

frontiergirl53

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
The bees pollinate... and the ladybug live on the clover in our yard and eat the evil aphids... that's why I try to plant as much flowers as I can so there is a pesticide-free habitat for them to live in :)

Latest posts