Official TEG Poll: What is your garden style?

Official TEG Poll: What is your garden style?

• Small Garden

Votes: 28 31.1%
  • Urban Garden

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • Wildlife-Friendly Garden

Votes: 28 31.1%
  • Mediterranean Garden

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Contemporary Garden

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Formal Garden

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Cottage Garden

Votes: 30 33.3%
  • Others: (Please specify)

Votes: 33 36.7%

• Total voters

rodeogirl

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
If I ever get my way I'm going to have who l knows how many gardens. A herb garden for herbal remedies for both livestock and human. A large produce garden for my house hold. A kitchen garden for all the herbs I use for cooking. and a community garden, for anyone that needs help.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Definitely "other", because I am a collector & preservationist. Two home plots, a large rural plot 6 miles away, and a large onion/garlic bed on a friend's property about 15 miles away... about 12,000 square feet total. I grow much more than I would need for my own use, because I grow a lot of varieties each year for seed. Funny thing is, the byproduct of that seed production is plenty of food to share with family & friends.

My rural plot is also a "sometimes flooded" garden too, which can turn it into a "scrap the plan & plant something else" garden with no advance notice. :barnie

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I refuse to be categorized...... large by some standards, small by others. Wild life friendly as long as they leave my vegetables alone. Otherwise, down right grumpy and anti-social. It is a melting pot as to social, economic groups.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
I work the soil, adding manure, turn the soil over in a row, add water seeds or plants and stand back, the high desert is a hothouse. Plants started from seed are first in the green house, so the shallow soil they are in doesn't dry out.

Then there is just protecting the garden from the rabbits and chip monks and kangaroo rats.

The garden is set with an automatic watering system.

Last edited:

Weasel killer

Sprout
Reaction score
I call my garden my haven i spend all my time there. It shows how beautiful it is by the time i have spent in it. Have gotten radishes, onions and squash in a few days.my corn is waist high. Everything is growing fast. Im going to have to do something to my tomatoes. I put the large cages on them and they are topping them already. Geess im gonna have to stake them to pics to follow.