Official TEG Poll : What type of Gardener are you?

What type of Gardener are you?

• Farmers

Votes: 31 58.5%
  • Breeders

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Landscapers

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Collectors

Votes: 22 41.5%
  • Others (Please specify)

Votes: 16 30.2%

• Total voters

VeggieNessa

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I voted "Other" because I'm a container gardener in the city. Mine is a "Salad" garden with Tomatoes being the main crop. In my heyday I also planted a lot of lettuces, herbs, even a spaghetti squash (I got one small squash out of it and it was delicious :) ) and some edible flowers. Though it's hard work, I love the serenity and peace I find when I garden and creativity of it. :)

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hhmmm ..? I hadn't really thought of myself as a Collector. (I wonder if @Collector would agree with the definition ;).)

Are we allowed two votes!? Sort of a hybrid ...
"Multiple votes are allowed." Oh yeah!

I might have been more of a farmer, once. I'm far from weed-free, these days. There aren't enough hours in my day! Still, I can remember getting really serious about my garden years ago and how unusual it was for me to find a weed ...

"I'm far from weed-free ..." That might be some kind of psychological slip. I identify with my gardens. I must be a little selfish. Pest threats are taken seriously ... I despair with plant disease.

The veggies are my most serious attraction, altho I've got all these flowers ... Veggies are there for me as food. I have varieties as partners. Somewhere along the line, I began thinking of plants as "collectives." Like those groves of aspens, all connected by underground roots, maybe hundreds of clones, standing all together. So, varieties are like that. Different groupings in different gardens, but a single variety across time and geography, which can be perpetuated by saving seed (or having a special relationship with a seed company :)).

There are people in gardens. There has to be, it's what makes them gardens. I'm part of all of that. Yeah.

Steve
greenman.jpg
I'm a collector of many things, when it comes to gardening i collect many failed attempts and a few wins. Also in our state Steve , weed free has several meanings lol. I think you know what I mean lol.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Me, I love to garden, a gal that loves playing in the dirt, if I had to pick one it would be collector as over the years I've had quite a few collections of different plants but any plant that tweeks my interest will find a home in my garden.
Annette

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I am an "other." I collect plants, but I disregard the ones that are too fussy, and I only bring in a few plants to overwinter in the house, like geraniums.
If it lives, it stays. If it dies, I don't replace it.
I've become quite fond of my reciprocating saw for pruning and getting rid of stuff that I don't like.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've given this some thought, have to admit I'm a collector at heart but my style I have to say is eclectic, I never know what I'll be trying next, keeps life interesting :).
Annette

Latest posts