Oh drat! Liver Spots!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
What really are Liver Spots?

My liver tests perfect, like an 18 year old's liver, but I have them, just like my mother did. Also have her thick good skin, uh, nicely thick wrinkles. Mom's mother had this skin too. Her nickname was ole wrinkles.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Definition
By Mayo Clinic staff

Age spots on the shoulder and back

Age spots also called liver spots and solar lentigines are flat gray, brown or black spots. They vary in size and usually appear on the face, hands, shoulders and arms areas most exposed to the sun. Though age spots are very common in adults older than age 40, they can affect younger people as well.

True age spots are harmless and don't need treatment, but they can look like cancerous growths. For cosmetic reasons, age spots can be lightened with skin-bleaching products or removed. However, preventing age spots by avoiding the sun and using sunscreen may be the easiest way to maintain your skin's youthful appearance and to avoid these dark skin spots.

I figured the Mayo Clinic was reliable enough to quote. I had to look it up myself. Nothing to do with the liver, other than maybe a similar color.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's what I kind of thought. Probably some natural genetics to it too.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My skin has gotten like tissue paper. Combine that with the blood thinner I'm on and I always seem to draw blood somewhere almost every day.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Reminds me of one of my favorite sayings...Growing old is a privilege denied to many.