oh my spring is in the air

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
traded my normal job of director of maintenance to truck driver for the week, had to drive from burlington,nc to bluefield wv with numerous stops between. oh my the smell the skunks all the way up where having a stink competition...wow what a rude smell at least it kept me awake at o dark thirty.

and then you had the virginia state troopers handing out good driver reward tickets. you got to love cruise control......

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I LOVE the smell of skunk!! I know..it's weird..but I'm not alone. There are many out there that love it too..they even have a website!

Spring is officially here...spring peepers are singing out there and the songbirds are singing out their territories. Saw several raccoons dead on the road, so breeding season is hot and heavy. Rabbits too.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
At first light this morning, I looked out my window and saw the first 3 blossoms open on my 3 varieties of cherry grafted onto a semi dwarf root stock. Well , on one variety . Another is just starting to develop the blossom buds while the third is still quite dormant. :rolleyes:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
After 73 degrees Monday, all but the most stubborn of snow piles are gone. Today was more in the "normal" range, 45 degrees (F) and sunny, but a bit too windy to be comfortable.

Tulips and daffodils are peeking up. I forgot to check the crocus, but they should be up and growing, too.

According to the paper, we still can expect 10 snowfalls before spring bursts into summer. This is based upon an old Indian legend for predicting snowfalls. If it were up to me, I'd be happy for 10 extra rain showers and skip the snow. Sigh! Not much is up to me.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
After spotting the first robin a while back, I sighted the first proven arrival of red-winged black birds. I thought I'd seen one two days ago, but couldn't be sure. Today I had verification -- they have arrived.

Latest posts