Oh-Oh so much for green prairie, cool toads and new watering hole

COgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
As some of you may have seen in my post on another thread we here in CO have had a challenging spring this year. While I've not been really pleased with the cold temps, late snows, cutworms,hail and torrential downpours, I have tried to look on the bright side, the prairie is green and lush(pics on other thread), we have new large watering holes (from flooding) and I have about a billion toads lulling me to sleep each night now.
Welllll I guess the new watering hole is not such a good thing, evidently there is just so much water it caused a cave in on our waterline :ep so now we have no water.
I harvested all my poor battered spinach this morning and made 2 lbs of pasta with it, I had pasta on hangers hanging off the light fixtures drying, we had serious pasta happening here :drool. Grabbed a pot this afternoon turned on the faucet and nothing, looked out my window to see some strange guy throwing red flags along my fenceline marking powerlines prior to digging the now 10 foot hole on the SW corner of our property, we are on a community well, so I guess there is alot of us are without H2O this evening, it also blew our meter.
No pasta tonight but DH loves raw homemade pasta :sick so he tasted and said it was great, I'll just take his word for it.
Anyway guess that new watering hole in the back is maybe not such a good thing, the cat they are digging with keeps sinking in the mud, I think it is going to be a long night for them.

tryingtohaveitall

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Ugh, we're on a well and with power failures, I know what it's like to be without water. I hope it's restored quickly!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh my!!! I am so sorry!!!! :barnie

So whats going to happen now?!

COgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well we have water now and a new meter. When they turned the water back on there was so much pressure it broke the filler up thingamijiggy(I'm very good with technical terms :gig) in one of the toilets. But other than that and the huge hole still on the corner of the property, things are good. They are forecasting the posssibility of heavy rains tomorrow so I do hope they fill the hole in today I don't think it would be good to have a 10 ft deep hole around the new meter. Everyone one have a great day :rainbow-sun