Ohio, what ya planting?

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am in Zone 6A (Perry County), what are you growing and what are you planning to grow?

Finally starting to thaw a bit here. I have onions spouting, a few peppers have come up but I am expecting a good bit this week. I have started two types of tomatoes (Amish Paste and Hungarian Hearts) and some flowers but they are spouting yet. I am planning on . . . corn, beans, cucumbers, basil, dill potatoes, pumpkin and squash.

Love to hear where you are and what you're planting.

Teresa

ksalvagno

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Just found this site from the BYC newsletter. I'm in Zone 5. North Central Ohio, Ashland County. First year for a "real" garden. The plan is to plant lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, beans, peas, cantaloupe and watermelon.

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Awesome, what type of tomatoes are you growing? I am growing heirlooms and someone on this site pointed out that heirlooms tend to grow better in certain regions and I was wondering what variety Ohioian's grow.

I am in SE Ohio in Perry county, very near the Hocking Hills.

buckeye

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
HunkieDorie23 said:
I am in SE Ohio in Perry county, very near the Hocking Hills.
I'm very close to you...in Jackson County.

I only have tomatoes, pepper plants, sunflowers, and cucumbers this year at my own house. My parents planted their cabbage, tomatoes, pepper plants, corn, and beans a couple weeks ago. After last week's storm, we didn't think we'd have anything left. Corn and beans are popping up through now, while cabbage and tomatoes are thriving. Hooray! :clap

Latest posts