ok that does it...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
just checked the weather forecast for the next couple days looks like we are going to get 2-4" of the wet stuff, and towards vfem way looks like 3-5" from tropical storm andrea. what happened to the gentle farmers rain :hu that we get this time of the year..
another week of a flooded septic field and the toilet burping ..ah the joys of home ownership.
thinking about giving up gardening and opening up a bottled water company.

was planning on letting the rest of the garlic stay in the ground another week or so, but it looks like its going to come up early. but as of today the rain has made it a swamp.

it will be interesting to see the flooding here...

ok done venting

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Interesting. Our toilet started bubbling yesterday too and would not flush. The previous owner put the field lines in an area we call "The Bog". The septic tank looks good all the way into it, just no water will discharge. They show up tomorrow with the heavy equipment to find out what is wrong. This one is not going to be cheap.

It seems early for a tropic storm. We'll see how this season goes. Good luck to you, VFEM, and everyone else in the path.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
my friend feels your pain he just had to replace his septic field 3500. and that was cheap.
the three biggest killers of a field and tank
roots
grease
bleach

my tank is overdue for pumping.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major, sorry you are having flood/septic problems. Nothing like a good 'ol tropical storm to start the summer off. I feel your pain, we are in hurricane central here too.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
baymule said:
Major, sorry you are having flood/septic problems. Nothing like a good 'ol tropical storm to start the summer off. I feel your pain, we are in hurricane central here too.
well in the last 48 hrs we have received 3.75" of rain here at the house,so far not a burb yet knock on wood the last 24 has come in waves, not as they predicted thank goodness

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
At least my problem is solved. They found where it had mechanical damage, caused by me. The solid discharge line was not where I was told it was when I moved here. About 4 years ago I set a post close enough to it to break it. It took 4 years but the line finally got totally blocked. They installed a simple bypass around the plug so Im back in business. I havent seen the bill yet though but it wont be close to your friends $3500.

The scary thing is about 5 years ago we built a screen porch on back. If we had made it two feet longer, it would have been over that discharge line. And I put in a storm shelter about three feet from that line. Either could have been a much costlier fix. Im kind of aggravated. If someone tells me where they ran the septic talk line, Id want it to at least be close.

From what I saw on the news it looks like the worst has passed you by now. Heres wishing you luck.

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
sewage problems! yuck. boy do I hate that. sure commiserate with y'all. ridgerunner, glad your problem wasn't as major as you feared.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
since 4;30 this morning we have received another 3/4 of an inch of rain and it's still raining, be interesting to see the grand total when this ends. as of now 4.5 inches .
heres a couple pictures from this morning walk.

beginning of our waterfall and it has a 8 foot drop was going to climb down and get a better picture but decided not

guess i do not need to water the garlic..... :gig

found this on the way back to the house...

well lookie there sunshine

since there is going to be bluebird skies for the next 2 days here is the grand total of rain in the last 96 hours 5.4".

Latest posts