Okay, So I got a new greenhouse yesterday, now what?

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Lesa-it's way larger than I'll ever use. The 300 or so starts I have in it now, don't begin to make a dent in the available space.
I'll try and get an interior pic after things get growing larger.
Right now I'm trying to find a bunch more seed trays, cookie sheets, or anything else any one can think of to place under my containers.

THANX RICH

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
dickiebird said:
Lesa-it's way larger than I'll ever use. The 300 or so starts I have in it now, don't begin to make a dent in the available space.
I'll try and get an interior pic after things get growing larger.
Right now I'm trying to find a bunch more seed trays, cookie sheets, or anything else any one can think of to place under my containers.

THANX RICH
I am really cheap so I try to find free stuff for my garden. To put under my plants I use the cardboard flats that soup cans or veggies are on in the store. I don't know what is in your area, I go to Save-A-Lot or Aldi's and grab the extras or check at your local super market and see if you can have some. I know at our Krogers they don't put the boxes on the shelves but at the cheaper places they do. Find out what day the government checks come out and go the next day... empties everywhere. After the season you can throw them into a compost pile. Its a win-win.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What I need is something waterproof. I water from below when the starts are small. I just set the pots, or whatever I'm using to grow in, in the pan and add water to the pan.
Seems to work good until they get a couple of sets of leaves, after that I use a spray bottle and ocasional direct water from the top. What I found was that if I water from the top when the starts are too small they tend to float out of my growing medium. Once roots are a little more mature and have established a grip in the soil they won't rise up.

THANX RICH

Latest posts