Oregano how invasive?

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love both it and the mint though they probably need repotted. They haven’t threatened to die on me yet! This pic is a few weeks old and it’s much bigger now. I’ll try to get updated pic in the morning.View attachment 41792
I have a yummy recipe I use fresh garden mint leaves in. They are hummus wraps. Simple to make! You just grab your favorite tortilla, spread some of your favorite hummus in a stripe down the center if the tortilla. Then add the following julienned veggies: cucumber, zucchini, red bell pepper, green onions, and at last maybe 6 mint leaves chopped in half and sprinkled on. Roll it up and enjoy!

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
My neighbor from England says you are to use mint when cooking new potatoes. That's how it is done in England, ONLY lol, we do not have mint like they do in England. I have mint along a fence. Years ago it was called herb garden, but I just let it go when DH got sick. I noticed today there is a nice round clump of oregano right where it was planted and DS has mowed it the last couple of years. I have another herb garden and there is mint and oregano. It does not spread really that bad. I also had a spot next to the garden of Greek and another of golden oregano. I used to cut that and dehydrate it but last year I did not do anything and this year I thought the weeks took it over, but I found the golden out in the yard maybe 5 feet from where it was planted, and I looked in the weeds and there is oregano and then I found it for the first time in the garden in two places. Really healthy nice oregano. I have not decided what to do with it yet. I will wait until it cools off, but I think the reason my other oregano never traveled is the lack of moisture. I watered with a sprinkler but not enough and this oregano next to the garden, my sprinkler has been working better covering more area and hitting the oregano better and all the rain.

Latest posts