Oriental Lilies from my garden

Rugosa1

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Wow, I feel honored ;) So many replies! I am very happy that my blooms will give someone else a moment of joy.
I will thank you all personal:

Carol Dee, thanks for you kind comments .

Thistle, yes I do have quiet a few, our place is large however our soil also holds many rocks. So we dug all over the place and wherever the shovel would go in that is where a flowerbed came to be, 22 in total. We also dug out many huge rocks and used the smaller ones as boarder stones.
I Also love the Crocosmia, found out this summer that they overwintered this year, so I might not dig them out in the fall? It is tempting.

Mt Gardener, I adore your Trumpets, they must be a different type then mine , I find them much deeper and richer in color. Lucky you.

Green Thumb, yes the fragrance is truely overwhelming when our Trumpet Lily tree is in bloom, it fills the whole garden with a sweet fragrance. No Rose can do that. Good choice with the Muscadet, I love those too.

Lesa , I am happy to read that you have also many Lilies and are able to enjoy them just like I do mine.

wagas, welcome to TEG, glad you are also a lily lover.

Southern Gardens, thank you much for your kind comments, oh and yes, this blue building is our potting shed and DH's pride and joy. He putters around in there just about every day. We built it together in 2003 it meassures 10' by 14', friends tease us for it's size.

Thank you all again.

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What beautiful flowers...I hope you dont have any of those RED BETTLES that have been attacking Lilies here in the North East US.. They are an import and have no natural preditors...I lost most of my Lilies the first year before we even knew what the little red bug was about 6 years ago...

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Those lillies are just gorgeous!!!! I have drooled over your pics several times so far, and I'm sure I will view them again. . . . You must really enjoy spending time in such a beautiful garden. How long do lillies bloom?

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
WOW.....I mean WOW!!!! That is a very impressive collection! Those all from local nurseries or did you mail order some? Id love to expand on our small collection.

eucalyptus

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I love the muscadets - you've done a fab job, they're divine!!

scotexpat

Leafing Out
Reaction score
WOW!! Your Lilies are beautiful.My favourite Flower by far. I moved House and thought I would add some lilies to my Garden this Year. So far so good although I did find a few Lily Beetles early on.I picked them off and have been treating the Plants with Neem Oil. So far so good, I haven't seen any more Beetles,but I know I will have to be vigilant. What is your deterent of choice to protect your Lilies?

Rugosa1

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hello Momov; Yeap, I encountered the dreaded "Red Beetle" on some of my Orientals this summer for the first time. I Googled and found that they are , in the U,K. all over their Country in a big way. So they have finally landet in our region, what a shame. We sprayed with a water dishlotion solution and collected most every morning. I wonder what will happen next year? Will they overwinter in the soil now until then? I send a post with pictures of a Lily in the Pest and Insect forum if you care to look.

Skeeter 9, thank you, the Lilies bloom about 3 weeks depending of the weather. If it is hot all the time then the blooming time is shorter.

Jarred 77; Wow , that is some compliment from you. Thank you. I ordered all my Oriental Lilies and also my Asien ones from the catalogue, in my case from "Veseys " in Prince Edward Island, Canada. They purchase them from Holland.

Eucalyptus; Yes, I like the Muscadet also. I will have to send some pics from "lovely Girl" they are simulare but their coloration on white is yellow instead of pink.

scotex; Like I said, I only became aware of the Red lily beetle this year, I was aghast to see them and the damage they can do. Luckily they only concentrated on a few, were in the Tiger Lilies in a big way. My DH went out every morning and collected them and we also sprayed with a water/dishlotion mix. Have a look in the INsect and Pest forum, I posted about the Red Lily Beetle there.

Latest posts