Osteo Possibilities

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm so chilled from being outdoors through much of this breezy, misty cold morning that an ice pack sounds like torture to me!

I may give up wearing wool socks during the very warmest summer days ... generally, no.

Back in April, I suggested caution using "inflammatories" because they may damage the stomach. Of course, I should have said, "anti-inflammatories." Actually, setting myself on fire ... well, no. I don't suppose that would lend any comfort ... except to my neighbors, and they don't deserve it!

I was looking at that tube of Voltarin this morning trying to think what I gained from that anti-inflammatory cream. I wish I could go back to the oral versions. They all worked well. Maybe not to bounce me out of spasms - nothing did that. But, to deal with the aches and pains, they'd keep me ambulatory.

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
There are days I can feel your pain. Between my hands and feet. Grrr. As Grandpa said. Getting old ain't for sissies. Guess you are no sissy!:hide LOL Just keep on keepin' on. See you in the garden. :old

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Back in April, I suggested caution using "inflammatories" because they may damage the stomach. Of course, I should have said, "anti-inflammatories." Actually, setting myself on fire ... well, no. I don't suppose that would lend any comfort ... except to my neighbors, and they don't deserve it!

Steve

:yuckyuck

Oh good heavens Steve! No spontaneous combustion please!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was looking for any posts by @hoodat lately, and discovered this thread. Couldn't figure out how I had missed it till I realized it was during my mom's death and funeral stuff.
As usual, I have something to say, haha.
Hoodat, I hope you are getting some relief from the sciatic pain. I want to tell you that between Chiropractic and tai-chi, I don't have sciatic pain any longer. Please check these two out. My Chiro has this "decompression" table that stretches me back out. I swear, I walk out of there a couple inches taller.
But I think the tai-chi is a miracle. We don't do the real fancy stuff; it's mostly slow stretches and movements. You can go at your own level; not do the bends very deep till it feels ok, then advance at your own speed. There are people in the class that have to sit during some of the movements, but they still benefit. No cute outfit needed, either!
I urge you to see if a local senior center or Y offers free classes. My classes are taught for free at the local library by an 80 year old woman who is a real slave driver. She also teaches Pilates and yoga. for free!
Check it out. You can be feeling great again by spring.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I moved a throw pillow yesterday and my thumb popped. Ooww!

Yes, the thumb and wrist still bother me, more so since the garden season has ended - how about that!

I tossed the Voltarin and improved as soon as the warm weather arrived in late June. Exercise is my friend :D. Hurting myself wouldn't be but that means I have to be careful. No problem with the ankles but I have to be walking more ...

Stretching. I bought a Tai Chi tape years ago and just remember that it nearly put me to sleep! Yoga would likely do the same, I'd probably be unconscious in minutes ...

For me, you should remember that I can't hear well so instructions don't come through when they are just spoken or I'm turned away so that I can't imitate. Stretched out, facing the floor - I'm gone ___o_O.

Miranda may not be there for me on teevee. The local station went for 2 morning shows a week, at different times! One was too late for me during the summer. I need your "slave driver," @so lucky ! Do you suppose she's related to @catjac1975 ??

Steve