Our raised bed project (pics)

OCMG

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
One more VERY important thing I forgot to mention - I had to haul a LOT of dirt. 14 yards of it to be precise, one wheelbarrow at a time.

Now who says I don't love my wife
Got a single brother???

:love

OCMG

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I can see the point of never rotting etc. I guess the point he was making about warping is that unless you build with wood a support base to attach the trex it will bend and warp and not hold shape when used in planters. Especially any length. Cost wise you are using wood to substain the Trex. His point is it in the long run for planters is not cost effective. But very eye appealing.

His point about no dirt contact is still up in the air. The manufacturers quote says nothing about earth contact. Decks have no earth contactm where the decking material is used.

SO.....?
I am in a perfectly happy mood and always am, you make no sence and i was trying to help you. This is a forum and we give opinions I am sorry that my opinion is not what you want to hear.

You are trying to argue your point when you have no point.
You wrote

His point about no dirt contact is still up in the air. The manufacturers quote says nothing about earth contact. Decks have no earth contactm where the decking material is used.
So going by what you just said "decks have no earth contact where the decking materials are used"

What do you think holds them up? Now I will try to be careful not to offend you again, because i am in a happy mood and you seem to read me wrong.
Then what holds it up? Air?

Decking material holds everything up, they have all kinds of shapes and sizes of materials.
Posts, lumber, stakes etc etc they even have ready made gates. You are not saying that the deck is held up by wood are you? Then what would be the point in making compost to last for many many years if they are going to support in on wood that lasts only a few years.

So my question still remains what hold as them up if not the same Trex materials. By the way Trex is not the only manufacturer of this product, I just saw a sample of a new product that is all plastic and it is more sturdy.
And yes stakes are good ideas but everyone knows this. the earth also does a fair amount of supporting the trex, you are not just dumping the trex on the ground the earth will support it some.

In your quest to always being right, you forget one thing, you are not.

I am sorry but this is a forum of tossing around opinions and that is just one of my opinions.
I hope YOUR day is better and do not read my emotions you are not good at it. :love

If one reads the printed word when they are in a foul mood the printed word appears foul to them
P.S. I am going away ( in just a few hours) so you will not have me to argue with for awhile, all have a good time.

Happy planting!!! :hugs

Reaction score
Here's a good synopsis of the research on using pressure treated wood for raised beds. The bottom line is leaching of arsenic is minimal and that almost none of it finds its way to the edible portions of the plant.

great article on CCA pressure treated for raised beds

One expert advises against the use of pressure treated, not for food safety, but because of possible repeated contact with skin. In my application, none of the support posts are exposed.

One final comment - In my work, I regularly conduct public health research funded by the National Institutes of Health. One of my recent projects looked at environmental risks in pregnancy. I have a pretty solid grasp of the issues and feel very confortable with my decision to go with pressure treated supports.

Dilly Girl

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Whatever floats your boat. I think instead of continuing this conversation I will go sit and have a cup of coffee with my dear husband it is so nice to have someone so precious to share ones time with.

OCGM.. whatever you say you are right, always right, never ever had any doubt you are not right. You are you are you are. :lol:

All the best.

ksacres

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
OCMG said:
One more VERY important thing I forgot to mention - I had to haul a LOT of dirt. 14 yards of it to be precise, one wheelbarrow at a time.

Now who says I don't love my wife
Got a single brother???

:love
LOL