out of hibernation:::

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi all, :frow
Sorry I haven't been around but when I close up my garden I sort of go into hibernation as I hate November December and January. They are dark and and dismal months...but my seed catalogs are arriving and it is still light out at 5 pm so SPRING is coming...I can come out of hibernation and start thinking about the garden...
To catch everyone up I have a brand new Grandbaby and he is 2 weeks old... DH and I are going to Ft Bragg NC to visit him and his parents, leaving in 2 days and I can hardly wait...
We have been having an on going battle with opposums they keep trying to move into our barn...we have caught 3 and relocated... I went out to check on my chickens today and surprise they are all out of the coop even my 2 broody ones and looky who is napping in the coop after a full meal of a dozen eggs...you got it mister opposum...got him out but now he is hiding under the coop...I hope he doesnt hurt my girls...I left one of the doors open so they could go in I think I will have to keep them locked up until we are sure mister opposum is out of the area...
My Bakers Creek arrived the other day I have to be careful not to order too many new Tomatoe kinds...DH ask me not to plant as many this year...lol I had 30 tom plants in the ground last year...
I hope everyone has had a good winter and you are all healthy and in fine fettle...:thumbsup
Pam

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Pam! Welcome back, I did wonder where you had been. :) The days ARE getting noticeably longer and right now there is sunshine streaming in the window. If there weren't feet of snow over everything I'd be out there doing something dirty!
Congratulations on your new grandbaby! That's wonderful! Travel safe, and give that baby lots of grammy love!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome back. :) And a new Grandbaby :D nothing better. Enjoy the little one and those seeds catalogs. ;)

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Congrats on the new grandbaby! I have four myself. They are much better than your own children because you can spoil them, then send them home!

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Pam,

I know what you mean by the dark days of winter. Its nice to know that the days are getting longer and getting close to Spring.
You will love NC, it is very beautiful there! I myself can't get enough being there, when I visit.

:) Have fun in NC!
Enjoy

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi momofdrew, I just said "awwwww" when I read about a new baby. Don't take too many gifts though. ;) It's good to hear from you again btw. I am envious of you being able to plant that many tomatoes. I only have room for 7 but maybe I can plant 2 more in containers.

Hope you are able to take care of those possums pretty quickly.

Mary

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome back! We are all counting the days (47 in case you are wondering) until Spring! Congrats on the new grandbaby- that should make the winter fly! So, what are you thinking about ordering in those seed catalogs??

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
lesa as I was looking at Baker creek today I thought I might try one of their melons...I have never had good luck with them but always want to try... I really like their catalog...most of my tomatoe seeds come from them...I will want to get a few different ones this year...I had an abundance of tomatoes last year...

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our summer was so dry and long, last year- that I actually had great success with melons. Actually had some watermelons rot. Just couldn't keep up with them. For our zone, I think success really depends on the weather mother nature sends us....Give them a try. For a couple bucks worth of seeds, you might be pleasantly surprised!

Latest posts