Pan Seared Salmon

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is from the side of the frozen salmon package.

4-5 Salmon Fillets, thawed
1 Tblsp. Celery Salt
1 Tblsp. Nutmeg
1 Tblsp. Hot Chili Powder
1 Tblsp. Garlic Powder
1 Tblsp. Onion Powder
3/4 Tblsp. Salt
1 Tblsp. Pepper
1 Tblsp. Sugar
Combine all spices to create rub.
Coat the salmon on both sides with the rub
Let sit for 10 minutes
Sear in skillet, on high heat, in small amount of hot oil, turning once. Cook till salmon is firm to touch, about 3-4 minutes per side.

I used this for about 8 salmon fillets--about half the amount per fillet that the recipe indicates. More = spicier.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like salmon. DW likes to cook it, probably because it's appreciated and because it can be done simply.

She bakes it, usually under dill. Sometimes, she will use lemon slices, sometimes lime. I didn't care much for the salmon under lemon verbena. Nope, even though I like lemon verbena as a tea. A good way is with lemon basil.

Your rub, So Lucky, looks like something I'd like to try on a good piece of beef. I'd need to think about nutmeg on fish, altho I see it isn't unusual.

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
The nutmeg threw me, too, but it really adds something. I have used this on grilled chicken, too.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have always cooked fish similar to Steve's wife's way, simply baked with a little butter and lemon.
Need to break out and try something a little different, I think we'll give your rub a try on that hunk of tuna So Lucky.

Kid#1 made a fantastic rub for grilled steaks one time, but I didn't pay close enough attention to his ingredients to duplicate it. But we're bound to communicate someday soon, and if I can remember I'll ask him.
That's the tricky bit, remembering.

Latest posts