Park Seed Company

krzybo

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Just a word of caution. I ordered from Park Seed Company for the first time and just received my order. I was very surprised at all the shipping charges.:( My order was for 35.05 and I had 20.90 worth of shipping charges. There was a total of 13.95 added for "spring shipping", not sure what that is for. I've got an e-mail into them now asking them to explain the charges. Just wanted you to be aware of this.

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
WOW! that totally sucks. I have ordered from them twice in the last year and never paid more than 3 bucks. What did you order? When I ordered potatoes from SSE I did pay in the 20+ range.

krzybo

Leafing Out
Reaction score
obsessed said:
WOW! that totally sucks. I have ordered from them twice in the last year and never paid more than 3 bucks. What did you order? When I ordered potatoes from SSE I did pay in the 20+ range.
I ordered 15 small packages of seeds and 2 trellis nets. The entire order came in a 9 X 12 envelope with room to spare. It just doesn't make sense.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
My order form says an order between $30 and $39.99 would ship for $5.95. But that bulky or heavy items may incur additional charges. Surely something as light as trellis netting wouldn't count as extra. Good for you confronting them about that.

krzybo

Leafing Out
Reaction score
krzybo said:
Just a word of caution. I ordered from Park Seed Company for the first time and just received my order. I was very surprised at all the shipping charges.:( My order was for 35.05 and I had 20.90 worth of shipping charges. There was a total of 13.95 added for "spring shipping", not sure what that is for. I've got an e-mail into them now asking them to explain the charges. Just wanted you to be aware of this.
I heard from them and they had made a mistake and they took 6.95 off my bill. It pays to ask questions.:lol: