Passion Fruit Curd

Gnome_Czech

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I found this recipe because I wanted to try something new with thie years harvest. My biggest question is, though, If I were to make large batches, how could I preserve this better? Pressure canning because of the eggs (or would that ruin it) or Freezing (wouldn't it separate)?

How much Stevia would I need to replace the sugar? Stevia is twice as sweet as sugar for me, or even a little more, I guess.

Total Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients:

* 1/2 cup of passionfruit pulp
* 2 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice
* 1/4 cup of castor (berry) sugar (will probably try stevia)
* 125 grams (1/2 cup) butter
* 4 extra large eggs, lightly beaten
* Special equipment: Sterilized Airtight jar for 1 cup of passionfruit butter

Preparation:

1. Place a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of water. Make sure the bottom of the bowl isn't touching the water. Bring water to the boil over a medium heat.
2. Turn heat down to medium-low. Add butter and sugar to bowl and stir with a wooden spoon to melt and combine.
3. Mix together passionfruit pulp, lemon juice and eggs in a small mixing bowl. Add to butter/sugar mixture and stir continuously with a wooden spoon until mixture thickens and coats the back of the spoon. This should take about 10-12 minutes over a medium-low heat.
4. Once thickened, remove bowl from heat and allow butter to cool completely before storing in sterilized airtight jar.
5. Refrigerate to store.

Latest posts