Pea plants are good for how long?

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow me&thegals :frow

That recipe sounds really good! I will definitely try it over the weekend as it's very rainy here& a wee bit chilly after all the very warm weather we had previously! Comfort food is what I need to build me up so that I can deal with all the weeds that are shooting up out there................! :ep..... :idunno

:rose Hattie :rose

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Heavens, Hattie! Are the English learning new uses for English pea vines from New York restaurants ;)?!?

Oh yes, pea vines with the flavors of lemon and ginger!

I had to smile at the author's difficulty finding "pea-sticks" on which to grow his vines. I remember one year, when I had a much smaller garden, raiding a housing development site for the aspen thicket - just ahead of the bulldozer :rolleyes:. Those didn't last too long in garden soil, perhaps hazel sticks are a much better choice.

Using the pea thinnings in the kitchen is a good idea. I can usually get away with spacing our seed carefully since germination is good. But, if one has more seedlings than necessary . . .

And, by the way (and out of defense of the English), I find that the best tendrils are from the snow peas rather than the English shell peas. The snow peas are especially vigorous vines and almost benefit from a little "pruning" to keep them inbounds :). The English shell peas should be handled with extreme care with the prospect of the lovely, fresh peas they will produce. (And, which most gardeners have trouble carrying all the way to the kitchen without eating on the way :D.)

Steve's digits

Latest posts