Pea sprouts

inchworm

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I found that I picked too many peas for supper and put the rest in the fridge where they promptly got forgotten behind the moldy leftovers. During that time, they sprouted. I'm in zone 6 and it seems too early to plant a fall crop. Is there a way to save the peas for planting a little later or could I stick them in the ground now?

Thanks,
Inchworm

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
inchworm said:
I found that I picked too many peas for supper and put the rest in the fridge where they promptly got forgotten behind the moldy leftovers. During that time, they sprouted. I'm in zone 6 and it seems too early to plant a fall crop. Is there a way to save the peas for planting a little later or could I stick them in the ground now?

Thanks,
Inchworm
Too many peas..... :ep you could never have too many peas :lol: , you should try that recipe of peas with onion and procuitto you'll love it.

Interesting how they sprouted the peas were probably mature, not the tender light green pea.
I guess you could try to plant some, you have nothing to lose. Or you could just let the rest of the peas produce the seed for the fall crop.

Hope this helps!

Latest posts