peach tree from the pit?

ChickenMomma91

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
alright i'll trim the top before i go to work, i could see if i still have some red barn paint and use that. still need to decide where we're planting it :D i'm going to espalier the tree so that it doesn't get huge. we've only got 5 1/2 years on the mortgage left so we won't be able to take it with us but i can save seed or a cutting if possible when we find our next home. DH says that we'll probably start looking in about 10 years. that gives us 5 years to save up after this is paid off. who knows maybe these peaches will help pay off the mortgage! btw how long till i should expect fruit? its a grocery store peach... i think. idk i might have saved it from a farmers market :hu

chefsdreams

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
you might consider bonsai. you won't get many peaches, but the blossoms are really lovely. and this you can take with you. o_O

ChickenMomma91

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well it died..... oh well Walmart and Home Depot will be selling fruit trees soon it's just having the spare $30+ to buy one. I can't remember do I need two peaches or is it self-fertile?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just looked through the Stark Bros catalogue. Most of their peaches are self-pollinating but a few require others to pollinate them. I guess it depends on variety. Do any of your neighbors have peach trees?

Latest posts