Peach trees and melons

Mikal

Sprout
Reaction score
Im new to this life style. But i found out im having a baby girl, and after finding a few stray peach saplings. It gave me an idea. Im starting 100+ peach trees, 15 test ones have germinated and are doing great. I have everything set form them. Plus im doing two melon bed consisting of cantaloupe, and watermelon. There are going to be 160-200 each. Im going to be selling those. Plus im selling cantaloupe seeds as of now, i have around 5-7 thousand. Out of my smaller cantaloupe bed this year, im still going to be able to harvest 5-10 thousand more viable seeds. All seeds were harvested this year, soaked for 12-24 hours, dried 2-5 days, and stored properly. Oh and i will be selling almost all my peach trees. Keeping 5 for produce, and 5 gor grafting. People want those grafted trees for some reason. From my experience starting drom seed is the best way to go, and the proper care of corse.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome Mikal! Sounds like you have quite a venture in plants mapped out. Do you know what type of peaches your seedlings are?
Congratulations on your baby girl too!

Mikal

Sprout
Reaction score
Thank you. But honestly im not sure. My grandma started this tree years ago, and thought it was a reliance dwarf. But right now its 7 years old, and id say about 15-20 feet tall. I was thinking it is a contender peach. Mainly because of looks, and taste. But that just based of researching the internet.

Latest posts