Peaches and more peaches!

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Number 5 sister has a peach tree and look what she got! I am pea green with envy, but no worries, she is giving me some to can. These are the very best peaches I've ever tasted. This year they took forever to ripen and she was afraid she wouldn't get any at all. They are smallish, but with that many there will be enough to eat, can and freeze. I have a recipe from the Ball Canning book already picked out!

4898_20130713_183435.jpg

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Unable to grow any this year. Frost after beds set. So... I have ordered a lug. Thinking I had time to put them up this week. HA!!! Suddenly I am so busy I do not know which end is up!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ooooh... the squirrels got all our green ones. :(

I make some awesome french peach sauce. I should get you the recipe.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
OK, easy peasy...

Peel and quarter peaches, place on the stove over medium-low heat. Add 1 split and scraped vanilla bean. Warm through until the mush when pushed with a spoon. Usually about an hour and a 1/2. Remove from heat, add to food processor and process until smooth. Return to heat and add sugar. I usually do 1/3 cup sugar per 6 large peaches. You can do more or less to your liking. You can remove from heat and freeze/refrigerate like that. OR I add 1 Tbsp lemon juice, remove from heat and then waterbath can in 1/2 pint jars for 10 minutes.

Latest posts