Pear tree Plum tree not producing??*Update*

dipence71

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Had for many years and is large enough to produce fruit but haven't even gotten one thing. The peach tree next to it has produces for last few years.
Why aren't they producing?
We have 3 fruit trees in a line. Pear Peach then Plum.

Sorry put this in wrong place.

Will they cross pollinate each other???

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You might need to get another tree, intead of one plum have a total of at least two plum, that is probably the problem.

mcdaid36

Sprout
Reaction score
I have the same issue with my plum and apricot trees. I have 2 of each, and no fruit. They get lots of flowers, and a small fruit starts to grow, but then they turn yellow and fall off even before they get to the size of a grape. I asked the gardener at the nursery and he told me to do a 5-10-5 fertilizer next spring, and only in the spring. I'll try it next year and see what happens. It was too late to do it this year he said.

dipence71

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
*Update*

Went and was looking at the plum tree and found 4 plums Growing!!! I AM SOOO EXCITED!!!! Nowif the pear tree would just start producung!!!!

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi dipence! :frow

I've just found this info on pear trees on our UK Royal Horticultural Society web-site. If you scroll down to the section on pollination it explains the difficulties. i know pears are a problem unless you (or your near neighbours) have a few of them.

http://www.rhs.org.uk/advicesearch/profile.aspx?PID=378

Glad to hear the plum is coming into fruit at last! Good Luck with the pear tree! :D

:rose Hattie :rose

dipence71

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the pear trees. I am suppose to get a voucher (hopefully soon) from a tree place as the electric company had to cut down my big shade tree out front sooo I plan on trying to get some more fruit trees. We will see what they have and go from there.

Latest posts