Peat Pots?

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Does anyone prefer either the round or square peat pots better than the other. I read that the round peat pots tend to not be stable and they waste space. I've always used the square peat pots, i was thinking of using round ones this year. What do you think should i try the round ones?

Thanks so much ;)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The square I like because I get more onto my shelve... however, I always buy the larger round ones to transplant into before I move plants out. You gotta bury those tomatoes under a couple times. One transplant inside, and then a second burying 80% of the plant outside.

I also transplant any flowers I want to hold up when hardening off.

But other then space, I don't think it makes much difference.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
vfem said:
The square I like because I get more onto my shelve... however, I always buy the larger round ones to transplant into before I move plants out. You gotta bury those tomatoes under a couple times. One transplant inside, and then a second burying 80% of the plant outside.

I also transplant any flowers I want to hold up when hardening off.

But other then space, I don't think it makes much difference.
Thanks vfem for replying! ;)

Ok i'll probably get the round ones. Then i could do some transplanting with them or just sow seeds into.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I usually use paper egg cartons like peat pots ...because I am even cheaper than ducks :)

I cut them up put each one in a one of those Costco biospheres for apples fill it with starting soil then a seed then close the whole thign ..then I can just take it out and plant it when ready

this year I am going to try some peat pots for my cucurbits

I have to prestart them and know they hate to have roots messed with so I figure this will fix both things because the pots go right in the ground ...(more $$ see this is not a cheap hobby!)

I am going with the 3-4inch square ones because as mentioned above they fit better on my shelf

in fact I am going to go get some today and no magic beans just the pots ..and some soil for the pots ..and ...nope no magic beans:duc