Peeing into the compost pile

cookiesdaddy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
OK with all the talks about the benefit of urine, should I start peeing into the compost pile? I wouldn't do it directly on the vegetables, but compost pile will have time to dissipate all the odor.

(sorry ladies for the grossness - I'm really interested in learning!)

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
They say it benefits your compost pile, though worms may not like the concentrated nitrogen and urea. I'd say that, if you need a nitrogen boost to your compost, it would be a good way to go.

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi cookiesdaddy :frow

As a non-sensative old lady :rolleyes: I would advise you pee in a bucket then add some water before you add it to the compost pile. I think that is safer! We don't want those worms to suffer. :happy_flower

:rose Hattie :rose

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sure, go right ahead, it's a good source of nitrogen :)

Texan, if your pile has already heated way up, it clearly doesn't need more nitrogen, so, probably find somewhere more constructive to pee :)

Have fun,

Pat

Texan

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
cookiesdaddy, please forgive me the hijack

patandchickens said:
Sure, go right ahead, it's a good source of nitrogen :)

Texan, if your pile has already heated way up, it clearly doesn't need more nitrogen, so, probably find somewhere more constructive to pee :)

Have fun,

Pat
patandchickens, I really dont understand what I am doing with the compost pile, I am just really following directions. I have two piles going. So, heating it up causes it to make nitrogen?

cookiesdaddy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your input. Yes I love those worms and don't want to disturb them too much. But I don't like to bucket idea, so I will spray the pile with water before and after the act, hopefully dilute it a little.

Texan - the only way that worked for me to heat up the pile is layering in chicken poo and mix it up. Worked every time. Although I understand without the heat, the compost process still goes on but at slower rate. Just be patient, wet it and turn it regularly (I did it once a week) and stuff was composted in 2-3 months.

Latest posts