Pennsylvania

whatnow?

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I know there are PA people, here. I'm from southeastern PA.... you know... Delaware. But I moved north of the border a decade back.

SewingDiva

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh you live in one of the prettiest parts of the east coast! I grew up in northeastern PA (Wilkes-Barre area) and now live in Massachusetts.

I love your part of PA.

~Phyllis

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm originally from outside of Philly (my mom is from Lititz in Lancaster Co., hence the various pickle recipes :p). Have not lived there for some time, though.

I remember when Longwood Gardens and the Morris Arboretum had free admission :p

Pat

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh good lord. Please, please post a pretzel recipe. There are no good pretzels in New England. I miss Sturgis' desperately. And Pat, I went to Linden Hall for high school.

ams3651

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
im about an hour south of Wilkes Barre

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Rosalind said:
Oh good lord. Please, please post a pretzel recipe. There are no good pretzels in New England. I miss Sturgis' desperately. And Pat, I went to Linden Hall for high school.
You're kidding! Small world! My mother's aunt taught there A Long Time Ago, and we still have relatives living more or less practically across the street from Linden Hall.

Sorry, all I got is pickle recipes, probably the same ones you have. There is no such thing as a home pretzel recipe AFAIK; you have to buy them (or work in a factory - my mother has all sorts of childhood stories about the pretzel factory, dunno which, and the Wilbur chocolate factory. Mmmmm, Wilbur buds, drool ;))

Pat

whatnow?

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
ams3651 said:
im about an hour south of Wilkes Barre
I had family ties in Wilkes Barre... a looooooong time ago.

patandchickens said:
I'm originally from outside of Philly (my mom is from Lititz in Lancaster Co., hence the various pickle recipes :p). Have not lived there for some time, though.

I remember when Longwood Gardens and the Morris Arboretum had free admission :p

Pat
I have no idea why, but the free Longwood thing comes up all the time at the office... :lol: I don't remember the free admission, but I do remember doing this last fall:

Grant

ShellieESterling

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm also located near the Wilkes Barre area... more towards Bear Creek and Blakeslee :D Nice to see so many people are close by.

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Central Pa. here...Altoona.
We have Benzel's pretzel factory here but no recipe...sorry! :)

Jackie