Garden Master
Reaction score
that looks delicious,
know what I having for breakfast next Saturday
just needs some hash browns....

nittygrittydirtdigger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Pretty! Do you flip them over, or baste them or anything like that? Or do they cook all the way through from one side? They all look so tasty and appetizing.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know, really. But I assume that the pepper ring is cooked till tender, then the egg cooks from one side (sunny side up?).

Sorta like the old trick of frying an egg in the center of a slice of bread.... the best part of that, by the way, is the fried, buttered circle that was cut out of the bread. ;)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was just thinking how good it would be to make 'egg poppers'. Done the same way but with the little 'rings' from a jalapino (sp?) instead of a bell pepper. You'd have to beat the egg and pour it into the several smaller rings.... YUM that would be tasty!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
canesisters said:
I was just thinking how good it would be to make 'egg poppers'. Done the same way but with the little 'rings' from a jalapino (sp?) instead of a bell pepper. You'd have to beat the egg and pour it into the several smaller rings.... YUM that would be tasty!
I was thinking the same thing! Dh is a hot pepper addict, and has eggs for breakfast every day, definitely trying this when my peppers are ready.

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So creative! If you put a lid on the pan as soon as you crack the egg, it will steam the top and cook it perfectly. I cook with my grandma's 30 year old cast iron pans and they don't burn on the bottom when I use this method. I have never cooked with a non stick pan so I'm not sure how it would work with those. Thanks for sharing!

Latest posts