PEPPER EGGS

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Little water into the pan before the lid goes on if your using nonstick pans and it will cook just fine. I bet you could cook it all at once if you put the lid on, it doesn't take long for the peppers to soften up.

I'm also thinking poblanos would be even better than sliced bells. That would give you a little extra flavor vs say a bell pepper.

Egg poppers? Oh joy! I can just picture you 2 hovering over the stove with a pile of quail egg shells all cooking sunny side up in your little jalapeno rings or habenero pepper rings! :gig Or could you could beat them a bit add some crushed red/hot pepper powder or flakes into the mix and then cook it inside the pepper ring like that. Give you a sweet hot mix right there. That would be quite the kick in the pants to get your morning started!!!

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Another thought that I just had would be to crack the egg into a bowl, and then sprinkle the egg with a crushed hot pepper powder then gently pour the egg into the pepper ring without beating it, and then let it cook sunny side up. The powder would cook into the white and the yolk and give you heat and you'd still have a sunny side up egg. Its one more step but I bet the hot pepper loving DHs would really appreciate it. :D

I've never tried it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
You could slice the hot peppers lengthwise to make more egg room.

We sprinkle our easy over breakfast eggs with cayenne, almost as good as a caffeine kick!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just don't do this:

OK, I have seen the Eggies commercials on TV that tout the wonder of "shelless eggs". It looked so easy. I reminded myself how difficult it can be peeling fresh, really fresh hard boiled eggs. I have even cut the boiled egg in half and scooped it out of the shell with a spoon. So Eggies looked like the answer to my dilemma of trying to have "pretty" boiled eggs to take deviled eggs to the church dinners, instead of eggs that have peeled away the white with the shell. :love

I was in WalMart and saw a display for eggies. No, I didn't get the slicer for calling now or another ''free' set of eggies. I got the eggies out so I could make deviled eggs without the time spent trying to peel the perfect boiled egg. Each eggie is in 3 pieces. OK......... Oh! the eggie must be greased before each use..........( don't have to grease egg shells).........assemble the eggie and pour in an egg, then screw the top on. I said, screw the top on..................minutes go by while I fumble with the top trying not to dump the raw egg on myself............still screwing the top on........got it!!!! Now the next eggie...... :barnie I reread the directions to double check if I am really that inept or could it possibly be those EGGIES????? Hmmmm......could it be me?? (don't have to assemble egg shells) ...........as I FINALLY :he get all the Eggies filled and assembled, I gaze longingly at the pile of cracked open, empty egg shells.

Read directions again......fill pot with water until Eggies float......(real eggs sink--don't want floaties) ..........turn on heat and yes a watched pot DOES boil.......it just takes a looooooong time. With all the pride of a hen that just laid those Eggies, I watched the water boil..........and the durn Eggies leak whites into the water. They foamed up like a mad dog :he I kept taking the pot off the burner to let the foam subside. Boiled those Eggies 15 minutes......just like directions said....(real eggs don't take that long).....THEY'RE DONE! :weee

After cooling properly, I opened up the Eggies. Sneering at the pile of egg shells, those cracked has-beens, I unscrewed the 1st Eggie. The perfectly boiled egg glistened, it was beautiful. :clap I turned the Eggie over. Nothing. I rapped on the bottom of the Eggie. Still nothing. I resorted to redneck ingenuity and dug it out with a knife. POP! Out came a perfect, if weird shaped, boiled egg. TA-DA!!! What? Whatzis stuff in the bottom of the Eggie? Eggwhite? (and stuck in there real good too) I opened all the Eggies and every one of them had egg white stuck to the plastic........I greased them just like the directions said..........what a mess. :( I soaked them overnight.

The Eggies boiled eggs were flat on one end. They looked like my chickens laid reject eggs. I deviled 'em anyway. The pile of egg shells didn't look so bad now.......in the time it took to use those darn Eggies, I could have made 3 times the boiled eggs. (not a time saver) :somad

As far as I'm concerned, those Eggies can take this EGG SHELLS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts