Pepper plants with spots?

ticks

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Some of my pepper plants have brown spots on the leaves. I was wondering if it is bugs or if it is a type of disease. I already threw one pepper plant out that looked like it could infect other plants. Does anybody know what this is? Also, are peppers fruits or vegetables?

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Try putting some fungicidal soap on them. You have a little bit of a blight that could be causing you a little problem. I wouldn't get rid of them because of it they will be fine just a little "ugly". it shouldn't carry through to the peppers either if that is a worry.

ticks

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Darn! I have a lot of pepper plants. Where can I get some of that fungicidal soap?

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This sounds like bacterial leaf spot to me.

Maintaining appropriate levels of nutrients (specifically higher amounts of nitrogen and medium amounts of magnesium and calcium) is key to reducing the affects of bacterial leaf spot.

A copper spray will help with either bacterial leaf spot or blight.

bills

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Leaf miners? I have never had them bother my pepper plants, but they like the spinach, lettuce and chard.

Ticks, fungicidal soap has become quite popular with the swing to organic style gardening, so you should be able to get some at any garden centre. The concentrate is cheaper in the long run, but you do have to mix it yourself. Depends on the size of your garden, which is best for you.

Rio_Lindo_AZ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I recently had to throw out some of my peppers because they were infested with beetles. The beetles would dig holes in the leaves & stem.

Its a possibility that some type of insects are leaving dropings on your plants.
Did you see any of the 'spots' mooving?

ticks

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
The spots have pretty much gone away, and no they weren't moving.

Latest posts