Perseids Meteor Showers Time Again

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
All you who aren't getting soaked by rain--if your skies are clear enough maybe you can go out and enjoy the meteor showers from tonite till Tuesday. Probably Sunday night and Monday night will be best viewing. Look to the Northeast sky.
I don't think we will see any here due to cloud cover, again this year. :(

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I saw that it was coming up again. I heard Monday and Tuesday, but maybe I'll stay up late or get up early to view it. If I didn't have to work we would go up to our favorite mountain and sleep in the back of the truck. The sky is almost always brilliantly clear up there unless there's fires going on. It's about 7000 feet, so not too much gets in the way of the sky. But I suppose we'll just be hanging out on the lawn this year.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder! The sky is clear tonight, so I am gonna go take a look. :)

mrcman

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
The wife and I are heading down to Kinzua Resv. for a week. Should be able to get a good viewing down there.

Tony

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Weather forecast for us...Today: Sunny and mild, Tonight: Clear with fog developing late.

It's raining right now.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lately I fall asleep on my la z boy chair outside, so I've been seeing a few each night for over a week now through the few gaps between the forest trees.

Tonight I went and laid back at the end of A dock and watched some. Sure enough, most are in the northeast part of the sky shooting southward. One seemed to bounce off the upper atmosphere, disappeared, then a minute later, somewhere directly in front of it, I guess it fell straight downward. The dot lasted a second or so.

Then an Otter jumped into the lake from the shore. Might've been a turtle.

mrcman

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Well...we made it back from the reservoir today. Sunday evening it was perfectly clear for a great viewing of the Perseids. The wife woke me up around 2:00am, I told her we ought to wait until tomorrow night. We went back to sleep. Of course, the next evening was raining like cats and dogs. We never did get to see a thing. Go figure. I guess a person shouldn't put off til tomorrow night what they should have done that night.

Tony

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, that's a bummer, Tony! Certainly, good words to live by...

It was too cloudy here on the peak nights, but I did see a really long, bright shooting star last night while driving home! :)

Latest posts